Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianecrafts

I thought I'd share some of my work....

dianecrafts
14 years ago

I've enjoyed viewing the work posted here. It is all so beautiful and well done. I thought I'd share a few of my recent pieces. I'm in no way as talented as you ladies but I love to paint. I belong to a little painting group (6-10 ladies depending on the time of year and the weather) that meets once a week at a Senior Center. Our teacher is wonderful and we have such a good time. It is always lots of fun to paint "with" someone. Here are a few of our class projects.

Wooden Iron Recipe Holder

Door Crown

This is painted on some sort of cutting/cheese board I picked up at GoodWill...please don't look at the uneven "floor tiles"...I had to adjust the pattern to fit the surface...and I didn't do a very good job of getting things even :( My excuse for things being uneven and crooked is always "It's primitive" unfortunately....this piece is NOT.

Happy Painting,

Diane

Comments (13)

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi Diane and welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your pics with us. We love pics!! ha I for one would say you are very talented! Everything looks great but I love love love your door crown! I really do love primitive and decorate my house with it. =)
    I didn't even notice the tile was crooked until you said something. ha I hope you'll continue posting with us. If you like to chat about anything and everything come and post with us over on Conversations. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Oooh! I don't think I can choose a favorite Diane. Your painting looks wonderful. That door crown really catches my eye, and of course I love anything with a birdsnest on it! Little irregularities are what makes "hand painted" items so special. Love the little scence on the recipe card holder too. I'm so glad you are sharing your projects with us. Luvs

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Diane, I love the door crown, but I like bird nests also, and the little house in the meadow - so cute. It doesn't matter at what stage you are in your painting, everyone on here loves painting and we want to see what everyone is doing. We don't judge and critiques are only made if requested. Some of us take classes, some are self taught, some paint all the time, some not as often, some paint Donna Dewberry style, some more realistic and some paint primitives. But it is all still painting to me - you can't help but love it.

So more pics yall.
    B

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the welcome and the nice comments everyone. I've enjoyed lurking on this board off and on for a long time. I love seeing what y'all are painting. I taught myself to paint a long time ago but picked up a few classes here and there for the company and to learn new techniques. I am a visual person so many times I need someone to show me how to do things rather than just read the instructions. I love to paint and like I mentioned before I love to paint with someone; either in a group or just with a friend.

Happy Painting

Diane

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Diane,

This is so nice to jump on here tonight and see your paintings. They all turned out wonderful and I too hope you will continue to join us here. I love to come here and see new projects posted. I painted some irons years ago and I loved seeing your scene you painted on yours.

Punk

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Punk. I loved painting on the iron. I love seeing what everyone has done and hope to share more of what I'm doing. Our group will be painting on saws starting this week so that should be a fun project. It will probably take a couple weeks to complete. We did a wooden round saw blade several months ago but this will be a real hand saw which reminds me I need to clean the rust off of mine.

Happy Painting,

Diane

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

I love them all...great job! And as for your crooked floor tiles, I don't notice those kinds of things especially on hand painted items. It's those little characteristics that let you know it is indeed hand painted! Painting isn't about being perfect, it's about having fun and expressing yourself. Thanks for sharing. :-)

• luthien
    14 years ago

OMG!!! you are too modest diane! this is call "no way as talented"???? your paintings look gorgeous to me! i esp love the first painting :)) so peaceful :) i always wish that paintings like these were real so i can just melt myself into them... a little silly i know... ah well...

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kraftymom, thank you and you are so right about painting, it is about fun and expressing yourself. You know I never notice imperfections in other people's work just my own. It's true we are our own worst critics. Why is it we have the need to point out the mistakes (most people would never notice if we didn't)? Our teacher has a "rule" in our class...even though she has to keep reminding us of it a lot...."You are not allowed to criticize your own work". Now who in the heck would criticize someone else's??? But really if you don't quite like how something is working on your piece she will try to let you know what you can do to correct it and it usually works :). Using too little paint and too small of a brush is usually my BIG problem :)

Luthien Thank you for your nice comments. I too would love to get lost in a nice peaceful place like that, every time I paint one I think I'd just love to jump right in. I'm a little silly right there with ya.

Happy Painting,

Diane

• anjabee
    14 years ago

So you have small brush disease Diane? ha I have it too. Love my tiny brushes.
    I have a long 2 handle saw that I want to paint....some day. What are you doing to prep yours? I look forward to seeing the completed project. =) ~Anj

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Anj, yup I have that brush disease. I love my tiny brushes. I have lots of brushes but seems I always reach for those small ones.

I'm not sure what we are using on the saws...she has some spray stuff she is going to use...she said just make sure we have sanded (or some how gotten)the rust off of them when we bring them to class this week. I might try Naval Jelly on mine to remove the rust. I'll let you know what we use to prep, as I'm sure I will want to get some of it...I have 2 additional saws sitting here that I have been wanting to paint on for a couple of years now. Ya I'm also a "surface collector" :O

Happy Painting,

Diane

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Diane,

You can keep posting other projects you have painted, like your saw blade you painted a few months ago. I can hardly wait to see your new saw painted also. I've only painted one saw for our neighbors and I didn't take a picture of it before I gave it back. It was one of his fathers old saws. It's great to have so many here posting and sharing on this forum. Punk

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk, okie dokie, I'll take a picture of it and a few other things we have done in class (I still have a few unfinished projects...remember I said I was a slow painter, I have about 3 unfinished class pieces that I need to get done). I also have some pictures of some things I painted a long time ago IF I can find them. I hope y'all don't get tired of looking.

Happy Painting,

Diane

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath