Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

A Few Projects To Share

phonegirl
14 years ago

Some projects I've painted in the past. Hope all of you have a wonderful Memorial Weekend. Since I haven't posted my Daily Bread Tray like Luvs painted I'll post that one also.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

All very nice projects Punk. Love your tray, really like how you did the shading and hiliting on the letters, and your leaves are always so good. Luvs

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Punk, I just love the tray especially the lettering. I am trying to do more with lettering but I am so impatient that I don't like to trace them so I sometimes end up with letters that are two close or on an angle. Yours looks great.

Don't you just hate it when the camera flash makes a shiney spot on you pic? I usually forget to take a picture before I varnish.

Got another grandchild over for a while - she is at the table painting frog and turtle cutouts. I don't think I am ever going to finish cleaning -
    B

• dianecrafts
    14 years ago

Punk, great job on all your projects. I especially love the tray. I too have to comment on the lettering, you did a great job. I am not good at that, even when I trace.

Bebe, enjoy those granchildren while you can...cleaning can wait, the grandchilren grow up way too quickly.

Happy Painting,

Diane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Everyone for the comments on my tray. I have so many fall decorations that I thought I would add this to my decorations this year. I bought this book because of this pattern and didn't get motivated until I seen Luvs.

The lettering is to light so I had to go back and repaint so it wasn't a normal paint job. I wonder what Luvs thought of this lettering. I don't always do well following the lines. I kinda make my own and shade and highlight to my liking. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

What cute projects. Love your trompe l'oeil plate. Makes me want a homemade blueberry pie! ha The tray is very nice too. You did a great job on it and will make a nice addition to your fall decor. =) ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anj, Thanks, my trompe l'oeil pie is painted on a stool. I also painted a cherry pie just like it on a stool and they sit beside one of my china hutches. I should of taken the picture from the bottom of it instead of the side and the legs would of probably shown. LOLPunk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Oops. ha I was looking at the painting and not what it was painted on. ha I bet the stools look very good together. From that angle it looked like the floor was the countertop. ha ~Anj

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Punk....how diverse your projects are....but all are just plain great! I also thought that the pie was on a round board until I took a second look. But the best is the tray, I just love anything fall. Your lettering is great.

When I need to do really "pretty" lettering I take a lesson from my childhood and outline each letter before filling in the centers, just like I used to do with crayons. Might not work for anyone else, but it does for me.

Belle

• luthien
    14 years ago

wow punk!! you've been busy! they are all beautiful but i also like the tray very much! i love the way you painted the leaves... the shades are gorgeous. and your shading on your leaves and acorns, and wood graining (the sides of the tray) is just perfect!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Belle and Luthien for your comments. I used a flat brush for the lettering and then shaded with the white and dark. Wish I would of started with a darker brown but didn't want to try to redo. lol I can see where outlining first would work if your using a small brush. Thanks for the tip.

I can't believe how long it's been since I was on here. Guess the saying Time Flys When Your Having Fun Is Right.

Punk

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County