Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need your help with this...

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Fri, May 8, 09 at 10:40

I am almost finished with this painting but I am stuck on what to do with the top. I need your ideas - should I just paint Welcome, or maybe Home Sweet Home,or what? I purchased this wood at Joann's Fabric but it was a little bigger than I wanted but I thought I could put something at the top. Now that I am looking at it I should have painted it horizontally, it would have looked better. Oh, well, too late now. So, tell me what you suggest.
B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need your help with this...

I showed this to my DH since I always go to him for this type of suggestions on my own projects. He says Home Sweet Home stacked one on top of the other at the top.

I had thought Home Sweet Home also, but was thinking in a curve at the top and didn't think it would fit, so I have to agree with him.

It is just so beautiful, love how you have the scene inside the ring of flowers like that. And of course, I love the pastels shades of it all. Be sure to show us the finished product however you decide to do it, okay?

Luvs

o
RE: I need your help with this...

Bebe,
This is what I really like, a scene inside something. Wonderful job painting this spring looking scene. Love the pink in the clouds and water. Home Sweet Home, Memories Made Here, Love Lives Here, There's No Place Like Home, Faith, Family, Friends, Family Is Everything, Welcome To Our Home, Welcome or a pretty bow painted that comes down the sides a little could work if you didn't want to paint lettering. I'll stop here and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks as always for sharing with us. Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here