Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting corn???

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Mon, May 18, 09 at 10:40

Yep! At our paint in Saturday, we painted corn on a rolling pin. I thought it would be time consuming but it wasn't. We had so much fun at our meeting. The ladies all talk and paint, eat and talk some more. Each painters corn turned out different, some had small kernels and some had large, some had more of the same colors and some had 7 or 9 different colors. Of course, we had a really wonderful teacher, she is the kind of person who never seems unhappy. I haven't varnished my corn yet, thought I would try a picture first. This project was in the Decorative Painter last year. For those of you who are unfamiliar with that, it is the magazine members of the Society of Decorative Painters receive four times a year. A really beautiful magazine (coffee table type) that has multiple articles and painting projects in it. You can check out their website at www.decorativepainters.org.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting corn???

oooooo!!! i love your corn i love your corn!! that's so colorful and the colors blend so well with each other!

o

WOW Great corn!!! I love painting on rolling pins. I think I still might have a couple old ones I picked up at Goodwill a while back. Never thought about "corn" what a unique piece. I LOVE it. Isn't "group" painting so much fun?! Thanks for sharing.

Happy Painting,

Diane

o

Love it!

o

Bebe,

That's so different, I really think it turned out great. I love the little corn hairs, the pretty kernels and it's amazing how it resembles an ear of corn.

Thanks for sharing your project with all of us. Punk

o

How fun and colorful. Glad you had such a good time painting this. Sorry I'm so late posting, we are traveling and the WIFI connections have been slow until now. Seems to be really good at the RV park we will be staying at for the next few weeks, so I'll try to post more quickly. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here