Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to paint on...

Posted by sweets98 (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 07 at 9:49

I seem to have this issue where I get an item that I want to paint on but can't come up with what to do. Then it seems as soon as I post, I get an idea...so I'm posting to see if it works this time! LOL

Last summer DH bought a Mountain pie maker to use up back when we have camp fires. I managed to break the thing the first time I used it. It was in the shed and when we recently went to clean it, I decided to keep it because it seemed like something I could paint on and put up outside somewhere! LOL But I can't think what. For some reason I'm hung up on the idea that this is something you cook on and is used for camping but I need to think outside the box, I think! LOL

In case you have no clue of what I'm talking about or it's called something else in another part of the US, I found a picture on a website. Ours seem to me made from a lighter material (They're not the good, old kind!) and they're silver.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mt. Pie maker

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to paint on...

The first thing I thought was take the handles off and stick it in the ground like a plant stake. ha If it "locks" it would make a great place for a hidden key. Gosh you could paint anything on it. Flowers, outdoor stuff, cabin things like a moose or bear, a flag, one of your saltbox houses, an angel. It doesn't look very big though and does it have an inprint in the metal? I've got to run the kids to school, but I'll try to think about it some more. ~Anj

o

You could paint a design on it, or even something simple like a checkerboard pattern around the edges and hang it on your shed if you have one. Everyone would think it was some kind of tool, and with your painting on it, it would add color and be pretty.

Or since it opens, you could open it up, put a plant in it and prop it somewhere or possibly hang it some where. Might have to use some wire to hold the handles in position.

Let us know what you finally come up with, okay?

Luvs

o

I'm still thinking! LOL I spent yesterday doing laundry, cleaning up things outside, weeding. I wanted to finish my porch swing cushions and didn't get there. I hope to get to the Mountain pie makers soon, though. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here