Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Beach scenes

paintingfool
14 years ago

I live along the Gulf Coast which has some of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen. The sand is incredibly white. I am often asked to paint a beach scene for someone so here are a few. These are painted on small wood plaques. Takes about 20 minutes to do, so easy.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

Living near the water myself I love a nice seascape....love them both!

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Both are lovely scenes, Bebe. For YOU it might only take 20 minutes! LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

B,

Your beaches are beautiful and thanks so much for sharing them with us. I see your gold pen came out again. I will remember to go look for one if you keep using yours. LOL It really adds to the painting project.

Frannie, have you been painting lately? We'd like to see what you've been up to also.

Punk

• dianecrafts
    14 years ago

Very nice and I want to be there now...nothing more beautiful than the beaches in the Panhandle of FL. I lived in the area forever...until about 9 years ago. I know a couple of ladies that may still be in your painting chapter there. I've taken some classes from them when I was living in FL. Unfortunately I am in the "frozen tundra" of New England for now, but I do visit my family and friends in the area once or twice a year. I miss it soooo much. I've browsed through the forum and love your work. Thanks for sharing :)

Happy Painting,

Diane

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just might know you, Diane. Email me at angelbrush1@yahoo.com and let's check it out. I have been a member of the local painting chapter for 25 years and know quite a few of the ladies from Crestview to Mobile. Thanks for the comment. I really don't do beach scenes very often, I just do them as quickly as possible - there aren't many ways to paint the beaches so I try different colors.
    B

• paintgirl2008
    14 years ago

Both beach scenes are beautiful. The colors are great and so peaceful! You do beautiful work-I could sit and look all day!!

• nancelee
    14 years ago

paintingfool, those are just wonderful. I can hear the waves splashing. Are those from memory or patterns? If you do them that quickly they must be freehand. Would you mind if I used the scenes for a group of my friends who are wanting to paint? They have been bugging me and I've been looking for something like this to paint with them. I know they would absolutely love this.

nance

• luthien
    14 years ago

so beautiful B!! you know what... you could write a poem on each of them and make it part of the painting! so so so romantic and other worldly... *sigh*

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks yall.

Nance, feel free to use them, they are freehanded but it is just a matter of drawing a horizon line and maybe a little hump on the side for the sand dunes. I also find it easier to make my sea oats by turning my piece upside down and then pulling the strokes toward me. I also use the grass color first and then I add a few grass with the colors of the sky and the lightest being the color of the sand. You may not be able to see it but I usually wash a bit of pink or peach in the sky near the horizon and then some in the water and then the sand. I splatter in the sand area with the colors from the sky and grass. Have fun painting them.

Luth - that is a really neat idea but I am not a poet so I will have to look up things on the internet. Thanks for the imput.

Tomorrow I will be painting corn with friends at a chapter in Mobile. Will post it when I get back.
    B

• sherwoodva
    14 years ago

Hi, Bebe These are really peaceful and evocative; they actually remind me of the beach at Cape Cod. I lived in Key West for a year and loved it, but it doesn't have sand dunes.
    You've captured the beachy feeling so well,, I can smell the salt breeze!

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Bebe...I want to walk right into the picture and wiggle my toes in the sand.

Belle