Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Un-bluing acrylic paint

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 9:11

Hi again!

I have a large, acrylic painting that's whites to dark grays. They're very blue whites and grays, which don't go with a single thing I own. If I didn't love the painting and the long-gone friend so much, I would probably not hang this.

I was wondering if there was a wash or something I could wipe onto this to tone down the bluish tones? It's so intrinsic to the colors I don't think it's possible, but any ideas?!?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Un-bluing acrylic paint

I'm sorry! I guess no one has an answer for you. =( I hope you can get it done so you can enjoy this gift from your friend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here