Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cute saying....

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 8:01

*Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Read this today and thought of everyone here and how we could all have the same pattern and every one would come out different. I love how each of you put a bit of your soul into your paintings! Ya'll have a wonderful day! ~Anj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cute saying....

Anj...thank you for the quote and how right you are about us, we all have the same love of painting only different ideas on how we do it and thats what makes everyone so special!

Belle

o

I am a lover of "words" as much as painting. I have a notebook I keep my favorite sayings and quotes in. I even have the ones I want on my funeral program - I know, who really thinks like this - well, I like being prepared. So, I have all the instructions written down as to what I want - my husband says it is because I want to have the last word.

I love this quote and will add it to my blog. It is perfect for painters.

o

Perfect quote. Part of the fun of painting is that the pictures and patterns are "guidelines" but we can each do our own thing to make them our own. Luvs

o

Painting fool, I can tell you who thinks like you do, ME. I made a pretty, long flannel gown in a champagne color trimmed in lace and a quilt to cover me up with for my funeral. I called the local casket company for the inside dimentions of an adult casket. I figure I am not going to a fancy ball so I don't need fancy clothes. I am going to sleep for awhile. Vique.

o

Oh gosh!! Ya'll are funny! Guess that's not something I want to think about just yet! =D

o

Great quote you've shared Anj. This is so true.

Bebe and Vique, thanks for sharing your stories, made me laugh. I plan to make a video for all to share upon my death.LOL

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here