Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Rose Garden Painting

Posted by kraftylady23 (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 08 at 6:19

I tried to post this and was pretty sure I did it right, but I don't see it. So if this is duplicated I am sorry. Here is a picture of my rainy day project yesterday. It is a Jeanne Maurer design and a free download from Artistclub.com. This is a first for me of shaded roses, so I know it is not great, but I am happy with it and know the more I practice I should get better. Thanks for looking.
Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Rose Garden Painting

Very pretty, Donna, Nice design with the roses and the dragonfly and your crackle finish turned out great too. And I even love the candle holder you used on it. Such a nice way to spend a rainy day too. ;o) Luvs

o

The roses are pretty and I love the colors you used...could never tell it's your first time doing them, but that dragonfly is totally awesome! What a wonderful piece and I agree...a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!

o

Donna, this is very pretty. I think you did a great job. I am not familiar with Jeanne Maurer but will look her up.

o

It looks great!

Did you crackle it first and then paint the detail on top of the crackling? What is that like?

o

Oceanna,
I crackled the boards first and then I actually sealed it with a sealer so that the roses would not look crackled and have a smooth finish to paint on. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for the compliments.
DJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here