Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lee_ann_gw

2 for 1: Help needed for painted tiles in garden & light bulbs

Lee_Ann
21 years ago

This has prob been asked and answered lots of times, but pls excuse me - I wasn't reading here then, obviously. :) I spent a lot of time this winter painting tiles for flower beds, applied acrylic Ceramcoat varnish and put them on my covered screened porch until the flowers were awake this Spring. I went out to fetch the tiles and find the varnish has bubbled up and is flaking off, just from the winter humidity, didn't get soaked from repeated rains. The ones I didn't get varnished had some acrylic paint chipping off. Those I used fabric paint on also chipped. I tried sharpie markers last yr as experiment, but they either faded or came off. What did I do wrong and can I fix it??

I used leftover stone floor tiles so should I have washed them first w/other than soap and water? Should I use the spray varnish? What else should I do to get the paint to stick well? Any suggestions? How've others solved this problem?

I've missed the solution to paint rubbing off light bulbs at Christmas time, too. What should I wash the bulbs with to get paint to stick? Used acrylic paints, nothing special. I used faces posted on either here or Crafts forum, they turned out so cute, but I was horrified when I went to put on the hats and half the face came off on my hand! What a disappointment. That present's waiting for this yr now, so how'd others who had paint rubbing off solve this? Thanx.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts