Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newly Finished

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 21:05

Just finished these three projects for my craft show, although the pumpkin needs metal measuring spoons for chimes and the scarecrow will get forks and spoons.

I am now starting on some candy corn and pumpkins for a swag.

Belle......ps please excuse my easel...looks a little used.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newly Finished

All nicely done!

p.s. easels are supposed to look used. :-)

o

Oh my goodness, Belle, I am in love with your witch! She is so ugly, she's actually cute! What a neat design! I love the scarecrow and pumpkin too, you do such a great job on all your projects! So tell me, does it feel a little strange to be working on Fall projects now? LOL

Luvs

o

KraftyMom...TY and the easel is an antique I paid $3.00 for at a yard sale.

Luvs....you bet it does!!!!! We actually have had some sun breaks and I want to be outside...not painting fall and Christmas.

All three projects came from Q&E but the witch was not Q&E and the colors were so different than the magazine!!!!! But she is done,and she is so ugly she grows on you and I love her nails. I did a wood grain background to help add interest.

Again, TY you both for the nice word!!!!!

Belle

o

So great Belle!! I love the witch as well! You did an awesome job and I love the wood grain! Are you making multiples of each one? That's a lot of work!! Keep it up! You are going to do great at your show!! ~Anj

o

Belle, I went back to look at her nails, and just noticed the little bat on her hat! I think you did a fabulous job on her "warts", they look yucky! LOL If I were you, I wouldn't be able to part with her! Luvs

o

Anj....Most all project are in two's unless on a recycling surface. I got the wood graining tool years ago and it is really easy.

Luvs...the "hat bat" is really hard to see that it is a bat not a cat, but that's OK. I hope both of the witches sell.......but...might do her again only not using the steps the designer used, really hit and miss.

Belle

o

Your projects look great!
I love my wood graining tool....and it is very easy to use.

I finally got my 'friends' goblets painted. Nothing like waiting until the last minute being that I needed them for Mother's Day.

o

Belle, your witch is amazing and I like your scarecrow and pumpkin, too. You do really good work. - Marylee

o

Cute as can be, Belle. I always love looking at your paintings.
B

o

Belle, love all of your projects but the witch is wonderful. So glad you are painting and sharing. I can't get into the painting mode and I wish I could.

Punk

o

I would love to paint "The Witch Is In"!. Could you tell me where I could find the pattern!!??

o

Tobycross....You will find the witch in the Oct.'10 issue of Quick and Easy Painting on page 35. She is by Yvette Perrin.

My painting looks nothing like the designer, which I believe is caused by the color on either my computer or at the magazine site. My subscription was the online copy not the actual magazine. Once I figured out it wasn't going to look like the picture I had no problem.

Glad you like her!

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here