Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funny observation

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 20:23

I have been going through all my painting books and sorting them by season. Anyway, I made a funny observation--often the designs resemble the artist! I actually started laughing when I realized this. Andrea Lyness, Sandi Streker, Pat Olson, Myra Mahey and several others! Most of these had characters like angels, garden girls, etc. and they resembled the picture of the designer. Wonder if any of them realized their designs resembled themselves? LOL

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funny observation

Luvs, you are so right. My hubby tells me quite often that my Santas look like me. What face do we see more than anyone else? Our own. There is a painter who has books out called Pumpkin Ridge - all of her faces look just like her, too. I think I will go through a few of mine and see how many I can find that have the look.
Funny,
B

o

I never noticed, but I'm sure I will from now on. ha I hope that's not the case for poor John Sliney cause he has some gosh aweful creatures in his books....(I love them and just bought one of his books).ha I'll have to look up his picture and see if it's true in his case. ha Thanks for putting us on the trail and remind me never to design anything of my own. ha ~Anj

o

I never noticed that either and I am always looking through all of my books for inspiration. I'll have to pay more attention. John Sliney...LOL, that would be funny. I have several of his books and just love his Halloween designs.

o

My son is an artist and I believe he does the same.
Diana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here