Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Paints on sale

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Just a heads up for all of you--I stopped at Michael's yesterday and their Americana paints are on sale for 77 cents each.

I'm watching for their soft grip paint brushes to be on sale again too, so please let me know if you see them on sale okay?

Last time they were on sale, I got the angle brush and I'm in love with it, just the right size and so comfortable to use. Want to pick up a few more when they are at the right price.

Luvs

Comments (9)

• anjabee
    13 years ago

Yes, I need to pick up some smaller mop brushes too. Thanks for the heads up on the paints! I am in need of some fresh supplies. May get over there tomorrow!!

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Thanks for the info, my local store rarely follows the other stores with sales, but I am going to look anyway, I need to replace some colors.

Belle

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

This is so tempting but I am purging and it is really hard to stay away from the stores when there is a sale. I just cleaned out a huge bag of paints. I let my grandchildren use them on their painting projects and I sent some to the schools. They are always in need of supplies for the art classes.

Maybe I will just stop by and look but not buy --- think that is possible??

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, thanks and if I see the brushes on sale, I'll let your know. Why don't you use the coupon every week and buy them that way?

Punk

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

Luvs, do you get any painting magazines? I have gotten the majority of my brushes at some of the best prices which include Robert Simmons, soft grips and more through special offers in my painting mags like Paintworks and Quick & Easy Painting and they almost ALWAYS offer a soft grip set. They are only one of my sources for brushes and I now have enough everyday and specialty brushes in my arsenol to last me a very long time (unless yet another 'new' brush arrives on the scene).
    As for paint....I have enough paint of several kinds to last me a lifetime and beyond. A lot of places had specials last month, both retail and on-line, during Craft Month (March) and I took advantage of it all as always. :-) You can never have enough paint or brushes!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I do get both of those magazines--but seldom order by mail or online! Just easier to go into Michael's and pick them up. I have several brushes, but just really liked the size and weight of that one and it was on sale for only $1.99

Punk, so funny I know, but I hadn't even thought about using the coupon for a new brush! LOL I'm always ticked off that the coupons are only for "regular" price items only and could never think of what I wanted that was not "on sale" when I had a coupon! I have a 40% coupon in my purse now!

Luvs

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Speaking of Michaels....is your store like mine? Two weeks ago they ran 30%, 40% and 50% off coupons online, each for a different items. I tried to buy a canvas that was on one coupon and a candle that was on another....can't do! According to the manager you can use only 1 coupon of any kind per day. Now how stupid is that! There were three lines at the check out and I was in the middle line and everyone in line heard what was going on and couldn't believe what they were hearing and several had multi coupons to use. The clerks had lots of things to put back on the shelves.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well I had heard "one coupon per day" but thought that would mean the "general all purpose coupon", not specialty coupons! I think that clerk was wrong, and I'd probably send Michael's an email complaining about it. Why print multiple coupons if you don't want your customers to use them? Crazy, huh?

Luvs

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

I went to Michael's several weeks ago and gave the clerk my page of coupons and she cut out the ones that applied to what I was buying. I used more than one coupon. And I don't believe it said on the coupon that only one a day could be used. You should complain to the management. If it is to be used one each day they need to print that on the coupon - lots of stores give coupons that say, for instance, "28 April 2010-30 April 2010 - 40%" and another coupon that will say "1 May 2010 - 3 May 2010 - 50%". However, I do know our store will not accept the 40% off coupon from the newspaper or printed from the computer except one time at the register. So if I need more than one item my poor hubby has to go with me and he uses his coupon also - I have been known to take the grandchildren and each has their own coupon!

Did that clerk really think a person was suppose to come back every day to use the coupon? How silly of her!! That is a good way to lose a good customer. I hate it when sales clerks are not well informed on their sales. I think it is something that each one of them should be briefed on before they ever get to the register - it is good customer service. When I was working I had a meeting with my employees every week to inform them what would be going on, what each customer needed, whether they were very laid back or very demanding. Whatever it was we gave them everything they asked for and then some and I never once had a complaint in the twelve years as Director. We made our low ranked sailors feel every bit as special as our higher ranked Admirals. It is all in how you present it to your customers and if you don't know for sure, simply say - I want to be sure I give you the correct information, let me check with my supervisor.

Ok, I have given my two cents worth so I am back to work on my painting room.

B

Oh, I have

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996