Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Donna D paints a cabbage rose

Posted by mydream (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 07 at 11:30

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Donna D paints a cabbage rose

Very cool, mydream. Thanks for sharing. I'm getting ready to prep a piece of slate to "Do the Dewbury" on for my flowerbed. Figure I can sand it off if it doesn't turn out like I want it.~A

o

Hi Mydream, thanks for posting that link. I love to watch her paint. She does it so quickly and makes it look so easy.

Did you read the comments on that page? I just can't believe how rude and crude some people can be! Whatever happened to the "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all" philosophy? My goodness!

Anj, don't worry, even if your first project is not exactly perfect, everyone who sees it will love the pretty colors and think it is amazing--trust me--I have several that I KNOW are not perfect--but fortunately, most other people don't know how it was supposed to be. LOL

I think painting with the double loaded brush is so much quicker and easier than regular painting. And you can do more freehand with the pattern just as a guide rather than having to stay perfectly inside the lines. Let's you get a little more "creative". ;o)

Luvs

o

Bumping for Dreamgoddess to see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here