Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you ever done this?

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 23, 10 at 11:00

Guess I can blame it on a "senior moment" or being "over eager", but I cut out my wood piece, traced the pattern on, started to paint and then realized I had forgotten to base the cutout piece first! Aaargh!

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you ever done this?

Luvs, What a shame this happened... I hope it didn't stop you from painting. Can hardly wait to see what you paint...

Punk

o

Luvs....know what you mean, I forget to sand after I seal and then have some nasty basecoats.

So.....what did you forget to seal?

Belle

o

Belle, it was on the cat piece that I forgot to basecoat the whole thing and then trace the pattern on. I cut it out, sanded it, and went right ahead and traced the pattern on! Hated the idea of having to trace it on again, so I just carefully filled in the background and went ahead and painted the design! Turned out fine in the long run, but took a little more time. Luvs

o

Well, yes, that has happened to me. But I am lazy, I would have painted my background in take it over the design a bit without losing my pattern. I hate putting patterns on!! But it still turned out nice and no one would have known if you hadn't told us.

Belle, keep cut up brown paper bag on your painting table. You can sand over the basecoat with it. I use it all the time over my painted pieces, it knocks down the wood fur without removing the paint. I also add sealer to my basecoat so I don't have to do two steps - I told yall I am lazy!

B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here