Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianecrafts

Betty Caithness Pattern ?

dianecrafts
14 years ago

Does anyone here love Betty's patterns? I certainly do and have been in search of an oop one for what seems like FOREVER. Does anyone have the pattern "Fox and Hounds" they are willing to part with or know where I might find the pattern? I have been searching for months for it but have not been able to find any site (ebay, tolemine etc) that has it; nor have I found anyone that has it that is willing to part with it. Does anyone here have it...know of anyone that has it...know of a site that has it...FOR SALE?

Happy Painting,

Diane

Comments (13)

• anjabee
    14 years ago

It's not letting me view the picture on this site that is offering it, but maybe you'll be able to see it. I'll keep looking. ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: fox and hounds packet

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Anj, thanks for looking and posting that site. I did see that one before, it's an old Ebay listing from China that expired in Dec, 2008. If I had seen it when it was still available I certainly would have bid. There are some older oop Caithness packets that are still available (or not so difficult to find) but I guess this one was very popular and no one wants to let go of it if they have it. I know I have a difficult time getting rid of any my books and packets...that's why they are taking over my house LOL. Thanks again and I do appreciate you looking for me.

Happy Painting,
    Diane

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Diane,

I tried searching with no luck finding this pattern. Have you thought about contacting Betty Caithness and see if there is a chance she can get the pattern for you? Alot of artists have websites that you can contact them. Good luck finding your pattern. Punk

• retiree43
    14 years ago

Diane - I look for Betty Caithness on-line and found an
    address and telephone number for her --- both appear to be current:
    230 Shaker Lane, Forest, VA 24551 or call (434) 525-2119

Clarice

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Clarice, thank you soooo much. How in the world did you find that? A friend and I have looked for an address or email address for a while now with no luck. Is that phone number a business or a private number? If it is a business number I'll try calling; if it is a private number I'll just write to her. Thanks again for your help.

Happy Painting,

Diane

• retiree43
    14 years ago

Diane, you are soooooo welcome! :>) Hope you locate the pattern you are seeking.

Clarice

• dianecrafts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Clarice, thank you so much for the phone number. I talked to Betty on the phone today. She doesn't have copies of the packet, but hopefully she will be able to help me out some way or another. What a darling person she is. We spoke for about 20 mins about all kinds of paint related things such as how fewer people seem to be painting these days, how the hometown paint shops have almost totally disappeared and the almost non-availability of Delta CeramCoat paint(which she used exclusively for so many years).

Thanks to everyone else that has helped me look for this pattern also, y'all are the best.

Happy Painting,

Diane

• jandcmo_embarqmail_com
    13 years ago

Hi! I am looking for a Betty Caithness pattern that goes back to 1990. Actually, I have the pattern but I do not have the directions. I forget what the correct name is but it is something like "Dawn of theBeginning", something like that. It is a big circular pattern with all the animals in the woods poking out, then Noah's Ark at the bottom, a big sun at the top. Please see if someone can help me.
    Claire Moran

• jandcmo_emarqmail_com
    13 years ago

As stated above I do not know the name of the pattern. I am in the process of painting it now as I had the pattern, but colors are strictly guesswork. Seems to be going ok.
    Claire Moran

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Claire, so happy that you are stepping up to the challenge. I email you but in case it doesn't work out, I posted your question to another forum and asked for help from them in finding contact information on Betty, her email or website. Hope this help.

Belle

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

I posted my question and this is the answer: Betty does not have a website or available e-mail address.

So my best guess would be to do a lot of online searches. Sorry!

Belle

• mokeary_embarqmail_com
    13 years ago

I have the Fox and Hounds Pattern. I also have a Noah's Ark Pattern which I painted with Betty at a class in Virginia in the 90s.