Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris Tea Kettle

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 30, 10 at 1:48

This was a copper tea kettle and I don't know why I wanted it white but at the time thought it would be fun to paint on. So tonight I painted some small iris on it. One more out of my stash done.

Punk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris Tea Kettle

Punk, you sound like me, everything usually ends up painted either white or black. I do have some blue and some pink spray paint--but seldom use them on anything!

So will this be just a decorative item now? Is it to match your kitchen colors? I like how you did the two tone effect on it. Did you use your new paints on this one too? Were they easier to use this time?

Luvs

o

Punk....how lovely! I like the entire look of the tea kettle and the stroke work is very attractive as well as the iris.....you have really "gotten your brush in hand" and are painting up a storm, keep them coming!

Belle

o

Luvs, not sure what will happen with this tea kettle but might use it with a tablescape. I used the acrylic paints on this one. Don't know how long it will be before I try the others again.LOL

Belle, glad you like the tea kettle. I may be painting alot if this rain and snow doesn't stop pretty soon. More coming in the forecast next week. My yard needs me and I'm tired of running in and out!haha

o

Gosh Punk, I just can't believe you are still getting snow! I'm sure it doesn't stay on the ground very long, and hopefully is not going to be a deterent to your Spring flowers. Hey, if it gives you more painting time--maybe I like the idea, huh????? LOL

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here