Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nightlilly

An old idea I just remembered..

nightlilly
17 years ago

I used to scrapbook alot with my sister but I liked being able to use my computer for all the little extras. I found a website that sold clipart that's made for scrapbooking and crafting. They sell the images on disk through the mail or you can download them and you print them out yourself. They give you the color images and the black and white outlines. I realized that I could use them for painting also. Ofcourse you would have to figure out the how to's yourself but that is something I can do and they have the CUTEST designs. I can't believe that I forgot about them, I found them again when I was looking for Easter clip art. If I can't find a book or pattern I like for a certain project, I tend to fall back on clipart and figure out how to paint it myself.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, the website is...

http://www.pccrafter.com/

Nightlilly

Comments (5)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Nightlilly, thanks for thinking of us when you remembered the site---but I think most of us know about it. I joined their hug club and get emails for new projects. Very cute designs and projects.

Through the years, I have been known to use lots of unusual sources for patterns--pictures in mags, even advertisements, catalogs, coloring books, tracing a pattern of an item at a friends house. Often even from drawings made of something seen in a store. However, If you sell your items, you have to be aware of the copyright laws.

It sounds like you are very resourceful. I always wished that I could draw better and could design my own patterns--unfortunately I don't have any talent for that! LOL

Luvs

• nightlilly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

lol..you sound like me, though I have to say I haven't traced something from a friends house yet but I've done the rest. My friend is redoing her kitchen and she saw some pictures she liked at a store, I think it was Ashley Furniture. She didn't want the pictures but she liked the animals painted on them. She told the man at the store that she did want them but has to approve everything through her husband and could she take a photo of the pictures. Then she calls me and asks me could I paint the animals on some things for her kitchen. I told her I would but she had to buy the pieces to paint on. I still can't believe she did that...lol I won't be making any money on it so I hope it's just balsy and not illegal!

I believe if you purchase clipart from pccrafter, you're allowed to use it on handcrafted items to sell. I've bought a couple packages so far.

Nightlilly

• anjabee
    17 years ago

I'm a member too. Fun stuff. Haven't used them for painting with yet though I have saved a bunch of them to do that with. I think Luvs has used just about everything imaginable. ha She got me started using the coloring books which I love. Nice big patterns.
    I have used other graphics from the net to paint from. They are usually smaller and so I have to kindof look at them and draw my own from them. Hopefully it's not illegal if you are using it for your own use and not to sell.
    Thanks for thinking of us. There may be some other gals who haven't been there yet. We are always on the lookout for new sources. :) Do you ever stop in at the Computer Crafts forum here on Gardenweb? There is also a Scrapbooking forum that you may be interested in. ~Anj

• nightlilly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anj, I haven't been to any of the other boards yet, I keep planning to though. I found this one by mistake and if I hadn't put it in my favs I probably would never have found my way back. I'll definitely have to check out the computer crafts board, I love using my computer to do things. Thanks.

Nightlilly

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Well, don't lose us cause we sure like having you here.:)~Anj

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths