Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kraftymom_gw

Oh boy, new toys!

kraftymom
16 years ago

I just purchased a nice selection of Black Gold Wave brushes. I can't wait to try these out. I have a variety of different sizes of just about every specialty brush there is from scruffies, rake/comb, mops, fan, Wisp, deerfoot, dagger, etc, but these are unique even compared to any of these - especially the Whale's Tail brush. I love playing with new painting tools and products, that's what keeps painting interesting.

I'm working on 2 projects right now that I have to get finished but once they are done I am going to put my new brushes to use!

Unfortunately that was only part of my spending spree. I am also a woodworker and bought some new Dremel accessories. Like I said....Oh boy, new toys!! LOL

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Well that sure sounds like a fun purchase. You will have fun seeing what you can create with them for sure. Can't wait for you to finish your projects so you can share pics of them with us.

Luvs

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Kraftymom, I will be taking a class on how to use the Wave brushes when I am in Tampa at the SDP Painting Convention. I am sure there are a lot of different things to do with those brushes - and I always need another brush. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun, post pics when you are through.
    B

• kraftymom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Speaking of pics....Is there anyway to post a pic here from my own photo program (like my HP or Microsoft photo program) other than joining a program like photobucket?

• kraftymom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

B,

By any chance is the class instructor Linda Lover? I have several of her books and they were the inspiration behind me buying these brushes.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Kraftymom, most everyone downloads to a free site like Photobucket then posts from there to here.

There may be other ways, but I'm not a techie, so of no help. There is a computer forum here at Gardenweb, perhaps they could answer the question.

Or maybe someone here can help.

Luvs

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Krafty, I don't know the instructor yet but we get a set of the brushes as part of the class. I don't think we are actually painting a project, just practicing and learning the different uses of that particular brush. I have just about every kind of brush made, some dating back to the early 80's. But I am always looking for that "magic brush". However, I seem to keep going back to the ones I have used forever because they just seem to work for me. I have never heard of Linda Lover (great name) but I am going to look her up on the web.
    Thanks,
    B