Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a robin's egg blue shade

Posted by syllabus (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 08 at 16:36

Actually looking for a formula to mix this shade out of acrylic craft paints.

I tried messing around a bit today and didn't really like what I was getting. So I made a trip to a local craft store and stood in front of their displays for a while. Nothing really looked like I am aiming for.

I'm not an expert painter and just dabble around doing birdhouses and such. I have a few wooden eggs and would like to paint them a robin's egg blue.

Can anyone offer me any combos to try? I have an extensive collection of acrylics to play around w/.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a robin's egg blue shade

Wow! I have Robin's Egg Blue by FolkArt - must be a discontinued color. The only other color I have that I would consider comparable is Delta Ceramcoat Light Victorian Teal.
Teal may be the color you want to go with making it as blue or green as you choose. The following link has a recipe for mixing some common colors - teal included.

Here is a link that might be useful: How To Mix Colors

o
RE: Looking for a robin's egg blue shade

krafty: thank you so much for your relpy! The link is great and will help me w/ future projects, too! I think I'll check out the Folk Art site to see if this is a current color. If it is... that's just a great excuse to visit another craft store! :) If it's discontinued, at least I now know which direction to play around in.

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here