Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

DIY Water Basin/Brush Holder

pezabelle
13 years ago

Not having a lot of room for one of the brush buckets water containers, I found this easy way to make my own in my own size..link below to show how.

Mine is a $1.99 Sterilite container that measures 5" x 6" x 1/2" deep. I put the pipe wrap on only one side, it holds 5 brushes and I use it for clean water. Works GREAT! Great for soaking a float brush before using.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Brush-holder/

Belle

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Belle, pretty clever! I have two of the water basins and wash them in the dishwasher to keep them looking good.

Punk

• cathy8091
    13 years ago

That is neat idea about the brush holder. Did anyone look at the travel water kit set. If you let the paint dry up, how is it usable again. Do you just add water?

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Cathy.....yes you just add water. This travel kit is for watercolors only and it looks like a lot of work to me.

I have used my water basin for over a week now and really like it! And the nice thing about using the pipe wrap is that you can cut it to fit any size water basin that you choose to use...well, except round. hehehe It is also so cheap, mine cost me about $3.00 to make and you don't have to worry about doing something that might ruin it.

Belle

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

Very clever! You are a much braver person than I, I won't let my brushes soak for any reason. :-)

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

In several of my DVD and on line classes say that you need to wet your brush up to about a 1/2 hours before floating.

What I do is to get the brush wet and then move it to just above the water level. For me it is better than trying to find a secure flat area to set a wet brush to cure.

I am also using mine to allow my brush to dry before putting it/then away, much better for the ferrel than putting a wet brush handle down in a container..

Belle

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You are just so clever Miss Belle, and you and your DH are so good at putting things together too--which saves money and works just as well!

I'm so sorry I've been MIA on here so much this year. I really really want to get back to doing some projects--just seems that there is always appointments, repairs, maintenance, that have to come first!

With the hot weather coming, I'll be staying in to keep cool, so maybe I can get back into a routine where I can get housework, errands, etc. done early in the day then paint in the afternoons and take my walks in the evening when it's cooler. I'll work on that.

Got to catch up on the other posts I've missed lately. I'm so glad you are still painting away and keeping this forum going. ;o)

Luvs

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm