Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abbytabby3art

Michele Walton Secret Garden Pattern

abbytabby3art
14 years ago

I am looking for someone who has a copy of Michele Walton's pattern called Secret Garden c2000. It is out of print and only available on the secondary market. If you know where I can get one, please let me know.

Comments (12)

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Hello Abbytabby.....glad you stopped by and hope you come again!

Sorry, I don't have that pattern, but have you check for a website for the artist? Many have their own sites and I have gotten patterns from their sites that are not available else where.

Hope you fine the "Secret Garden" which sounds interesting.

Belle

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

I know Bobbie Takashima has a pattern called Secret Garden. She shares a site with Michele Walton and the pattern is available there, could it be the same pattern? I believe the pattern is of a squirrel or chipmunk in a garden.

• abbytabby3art
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! I have checked with Michele and Bobbie, also. Michele does not have a copy left, as it is discontinued now and Bobbie has not carried it. Bobbie's own Secret Garden pattern is different than the one that I am looking for. The one that I am looking for was a Michele Walton seminar pattern used at Steph's Folk Art Studio in Smoketown, PA in about 2000.

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

I hope you find it. It can be frustrating trying to find a pattern or book that is out-of-print but it is always a treasure worth keeping when you do.
    I just recently bought a book that is hard to find by Sherry C. Nelson and the only prices on it I could find ranged from $64 to 200+! It's truly amazing what they ask for hard-to-find or out-of-print books. It took some doing but I finally found a copy in my search for under $25. Life right now is good! lol

• abbytabby3art
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Does anyone have any other suggestions for discussion forums where I might post? I have even talked with Steph of Steph's Folk Art Studio (formerly) and she did not save a copy of it. She said it became too cumbersome to save a copy of everything. I am hoping that someone who has a copy will read this post and might possibly sell it to me or loan with a deposit because I will definitely return it when I am finished painting my cupboard.

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Long ago I found this site, it is a pain to read through, because they do not remove "sold" listings, but they do have lots of discontinued books. Hope you find it! I have been looking for the artist of several "Pilgrim" projects I did over the last 5 years and can't find anything close.

Here is the site: http://www.grandmashouse.ws/Books/Painting.html

Belle

• abbytabby3art
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! I have already checked grandmashouse and even emailed them. What I am looking for would probably be considered a pattern packet (for a seminar) rather than a book. I think they have only books listed. Michele's patterns typically have numerous color photographs with them in addition to the b&w instructions and pattern.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

I'd try going to some of the other artists websites and just emailing them asking if they might know where you could find that particular pattern. You just might get lucky and find someone who has it still. I'm sure you've already googled and checked Ebay too, right? I sure hope you find it.

I don't know of any other Painting forums. If anyone else does, I'd love to check them out too. I never get enought of looking at others projects, learning tips and tricks, and just talking about painting in general. ;o)

Luvs

• sherlea
    14 years ago

You might try posting on the Painting For Fun and Profit forum on Delphi (www.delphiforum.com). The site is dedicated to decorative painting and many of the members have attended painting seminars. You could try Tolefriends (www.tolefriends.com). Also, you might contact The Apple Tree (www.appletreeinc.net) as they are a shop that hosts painting seminars. You could always try the Society of Decorative Painters (many resources there) or chapters of the SDP in the area a seminar may have been held, it's quite possible that members may have attended the seminar and still have their pattern. Good luck!

Sherlea

• Brusewitz_videotron_ca
    13 years ago

Wud like to purchase round plkte ofButterfly Babes in the Garden

• Lesley Vanderpoel
    6 years ago

I think recently saw the Secret Garden chest on Pinterest. I've been looking for it too! It's the one with all the multi-colored flowers right? I would love to purchase the pattern from someone.