Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Anj, are you back?

paintingfool
16 years ago

How was your trip? Give us all the details.

B

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Yes, please do. We have missed you and can't wait to hear all about your trip. Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hi Bebe! I am back. I had written a long post over on Conversations and went to put my little ~squiggle before my name at the end and hit esc by mistake. Byebye went my post and I was so discusted I just went to bed. ha

We had a wonderful time in Hawaii. It wasn't exactly what I envisioned...not as lush and green, but more brown with all the lava rock....at least on Maui where we were, in Wailea, Kehei and LaHaina. The beaches were beautiful, but I'm used to white Florida beaches with lots of shells, shark teeth, angel wings and sea glass to find. The beaches we were on had.....sand. ha So I amused myself by reading instead of treasure hunting which was good too. Also I only saw a handful of native Hawaiians while I was there which I thought was strange. Only White and Asian people as far as the eye could see. ha

There were a lot of firsts for me on this trip. First helicopter ride over Hana, first time snorkling and snuba diving, first time surfing!! I was told I'm a natural. Go figure! ha It was soooo fun. I drank more sea water than can be good for a person, did a little sun worshiping, made some good friends, did some shopping, hiking, took in a great comedy/magic show and ate some wonderful food. Had the best calamari ever at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We went to the Maui Ocean Center Aquarium which was so neat and I found my new favorite cookie at a nearby Hula Cookies. Hula's Delight is the best cookie in the world! ha I got everyone in our group hooked on them. :D Thank goodness they have a website so I can order the mix! www.hulacookies.com Yum.
    We got there at the right time to see lots of whales up close. We got within 100ft of a mama and baby on the boat out to Molokini Crater where we also saw lots of giant sea turtles right in front of our boat. We just had a terrific time, but we tried to cram so much in and with the time change I was up at 4am Hawaii time every morning. I was tired out and ready to be back home with my babies at the end of the week. It was an awesome trip, but I'm glad to be home and be back here with my painting buddies. I see there's been lots of newbies here and lots of fun stuff going on. Can't wait to get back into my routine and get some painting done too.
    We are a little jet lagged and slept most of yesterday away and I need to go re-fill the pantry and fridge today. I've lost my voice a little from the weather change. It's still pretty cold here in Utah, but signs that spring is coming are showing. I'm excited for that now! I will be planting a yellow hibiscus in my yard this year to remind me of my trip to Hawaii. :) ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey Luvs!!...we posted at the same time. ha

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, so glad to have you back! There have been quite a few newbies posting here this past week, sure hope they keep joining in with us. I agree that LaHaina is not as impressive as I had expected either, but there is plenty of the lush green plants and pretty scenery and waterfalls on the road to Hana. You made that cookie sound too good--I don't dare go look at that website! LOL So sorry about your post disappearing on the conversations side--we've all had that happen to us at one time or another I think. I'm sure you need to get rested up and caught up on family stuff, but we will look forward to hearing from you whenever you have time to check in here. Luvs