Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting on glass blocks

Posted by fredia (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 08 at 3:29

I have read on here about painting on the glass blocks but can't find it now.Would someone please tell me what kind of paint to use? I prefer acrylics but don't know if they will let the lights shine through or if it will last on the glass.What do you seal them with? I got the hole drilled with no problem, found the lights and now I don't know how to finish.Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting on glass blocks

If you go to the bottom of the page there is a search box for this fourm, if you type in glass blocks quite a few post will come up and I am sure you will find alot of info! you can also go to the craft fourm and do a search ,theres alot of beautiful photos of glass blocks to inspire you, some people use decals, some printed graphic, and of course hand painting, hope this helps, come back and show us your finished blocks.
almost forgot to say you can use a extender with acrylics paints for a transparent look, gives the look of stained glass.
oddie

o

Hi,
I painted some glass blocks for a craft show a few years ago. You can use acrylic paint, if it is not enamel then you will need to use a clear acrylic sealer.

Candy

o

Thanks for the tip of adding an extender to acrylic paint for use on glass blocks! I'm painting a set for my girlfriends and want them to look good!

o

Lane....so glad that you stopped by and found what you were looking for, please come back and show us your finished painted blocks. We all love looking at everyone's projects and they seem to give us all us boost of creative energy.

Belle

o

looking for painting on glass blocks! ????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here