Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Rose Trays

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 7, 11 at 23:59

Since it's slow here right now and you enjoyed the roses on my records, I'll share my other roses I've painted. These are all painted on trays.

This was one I painted for DMIL for Mothers Day one year.
G Kerr's Rose Mothers Day Platter

Painted and gave this to a DF.

Photobucket

I still have this and display it in our home on a china cabinet.

Yellow Rose Tray On Side

PF, who has painted with Priscilla Hauser, told us Priscilla said "Practice, Practice and Practice. You don't paint a good rose until you've painted 100!" She paints some beautiful pink roses and has probably painted way over that. I have along way to go.LOL

Punk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Rose Trays

those are beautiful roses! And, so striking against the black backgrounds.

o

Punk, these are so pretty especially on the black background. Yep, you gotta practice - and then practice some more. But the older I get the less I want to practice. Love the metal trays, are they silver or what?
B

o

Punk - Your roses are gorgeous. I love the black backgrounds. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Cali and Marylee, thanks so much for your sweet comments on my rose trays. I love painting on black backgrounds and do this on alot of my projects. Glad you enjoyed them.

PF, the first one is painted on the tray backing. The blue rose tray is plastic. It had the cutest cupcakes on it and I thought I would use it for birthdays. I didn't and wanted to try roses so I had DH spray paint it black for me. The bottom one WAS silver before I started.LOL

Thanks again for all the comments.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here