Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's my UFO, where's your's?

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 23:32

Here's a little snowman sign I finally got finished painting. I did not have a pattern, just looked at a picture and tried to do my own version. Not totally happy with it--but it's done! Might try another one later on.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's my UFO, where's your's?

How cute!
I like it!

o

Luvs - That is adorable. I love it. You should be very happy with your painting. Your printing goes perfectly with your snow couple. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

There is nothing wrong with that painting - you should be very proud of it - it is so cute. I already posted a couple of my UFO's - but I am working on a few more.
B

o

Luvs.....if it perfect!!! I love the square eyes! I wouldn't change a single thing!!!!!!!! Are they on a tag? Did you paint the lettering? If so it is awesome!

TY for sharing!

Belle

o

Luvs, absolutely adorable! Great job!

o

Luvs, such a sweet little snow couple. For not having a pattern, you did a great job on this project. The lettering turned out wonderful and I like the saying on it.

Punk

o

Belle, it does look like a tag, but it is a big sign about 8x10 I guess.

Punk, I thought my lettering was terrible on this. I used a brush and paint and kept thinking I should have just used a marker. Lettering is NOT my thing--just ask Anj, I've always complained about my lettering on things! LOL

I thought the couple looked cute and liked the saying--will be nice to hang on my lamp post in the front yard next year.

Luvs

o

I think your lettering looks great! as does the rest of your design.

I prefer using a brush for lettering because I think it looks more personal and 'handmade'.

o

Kraftymom, I seem to "fight" with the brush when I try to do lettering. I actually think I do better/neater using small brushes, but I did this using a round brush. I just don't have good control using the brush--but I agree it does look more handmade with the brush and paint. Luvs

o

Luvs....you lettering looks great! I watch Patricia Rawlinson paint letters and am amazed until I really look at them. She generally uses a flat brush and strays beyond the lines. It sure doesn't make the finished project any less than perfect. So I guess we need to learn, I know I do, that painting ain't perfect and we see our booboo's because we are there when they happen, but no one else see's them!

o

Painting isn't suppose to be perfect and unfortunately we are our own worse critics.

As for where in the world are my UFO's? They are still incarcerated at Area 51. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here