Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Here's my UFO, where's your's?

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Here's a little snowman sign I finally got finished painting. I did not have a pattern, just looked at a picture and tried to do my own version. Not totally happy with it--but it's done! Might try another one later on.

Comments (11)

• nonacook
    13 years ago

How cute!
    I like it!

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Luvs - That is adorable. I love it. You should be very happy with your painting. Your printing goes perfectly with your snow couple. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

There is nothing wrong with that painting - you should be very proud of it - it is so cute. I already posted a couple of my UFO's - but I am working on a few more.
    B

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Luvs.....if it perfect!!! I love the square eyes! I wouldn't change a single thing!!!!!!!! Are they on a tag? Did you paint the lettering? If so it is awesome!

TY for sharing!

Belle

• calirose
    13 years ago

Luvs, absolutely adorable! Great job!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, such a sweet little snow couple. For not having a pattern, you did a great job on this project. The lettering turned out wonderful and I like the saying on it.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Belle, it does look like a tag, but it is a big sign about 8x10 I guess.

Punk, I thought my lettering was terrible on this. I used a brush and paint and kept thinking I should have just used a marker. Lettering is NOT my thing--just ask Anj, I've always complained about my lettering on things! LOL

I thought the couple looked cute and liked the saying--will be nice to hang on my lamp post in the front yard next year.

Luvs

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

I think your lettering looks great! as does the rest of your design.

I prefer using a brush for lettering because I think it looks more personal and 'handmade'.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kraftymom, I seem to "fight" with the brush when I try to do lettering. I actually think I do better/neater using small brushes, but I did this using a round brush. I just don't have good control using the brush--but I agree it does look more handmade with the brush and paint. Luvs

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Luvs....you lettering looks great! I watch Patricia Rawlinson paint letters and am amazed until I really look at them. She generally uses a flat brush and strays beyond the lines. It sure doesn't make the finished project any less than perfect. So I guess we need to learn, I know I do, that painting ain't perfect and we see our booboo's because we are there when they happen, but no one else see's them!

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

Painting isn't suppose to be perfect and unfortunately we are our own worse critics.

As for where in the world are my UFO's? They are still incarcerated at Area 51. LOL