Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cost of tole project?

Posted by vanjames (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 23:15

I'm just starting a tole painting project on a chair so any suggestions as to the approach by those more experienced than I are much appreciated.

I'd like to paint a set of roses and leaves along the back of a chair with some loving words. The pattern to be about one foot by five inches. Please let me know what I should budget for the paints, brushes, basecoat medium and other supplies. Also, the requesting family friend, who has the chair, would like to pay me a bit for my time and I don't know what to ask for! as they'd feel bad having me do all of this for free.

Appreciate any ideas and information. Thanks!
CJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cost of tole project?

Pricing is always a bear especially when it involves hand made crafts. Years ago they would say 3x the cost of materials and labor, but that isn't always a good measure.
I am about to start selling on-line and found a helpful chart.

http://www.chris-parry.co.uk/testpricingplan.xls
You can adjust it anyway you see fit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here