Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Tray with Christmas teapot & cup

luvstocraft
15 years ago

I had marked this pattern in one of my magazines before Christmas, but didn't get it painted. It worked out just right to go on this metal tray. You can tell our weather is chilly here, the grass is not very green now! Luvs

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs,

I just posted my tray over on the holiday forum. Your tray turned out great. What a cute tray, I love the slits around it and it will be perfect for your holiday decor. My sis would love this. She collects tea pots and cups and scaucers. I'll try to remember and show her one of these days and let you know what she says.

You are going to keep me going no matte what if you keep this up. LOLOL

Speedy RL2

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Hey Luvs, I popped over here to see if you'd done anything new and boy did I get a great treat! This is delightful.
    And I think one of my favorite things you've done.
    Tho I probably say about EACH one, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

Your tray looks great! Which mag did the pattern come from?

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Luvs, this is so darn cute. I collect teacups and teapots so I am especially fond of this tray. Love the cross hatching.
    B

• luthien
    15 years ago

hey luvs!
    how is everyone? that tray is beautiful! green is my fav color :))) what a great job:)

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Luvs....you tray is super and so many different brush strokes, where to start? Everything is just great, but I like the leaves because they frame the whole painting.

Thank You for sharing and you have been busy!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! Can't believe so many of you have seen this already. You either stayed up really late or are early birds!

I hadn't realized I didn't post it on the gallery where I normally post until now. Oh well, must have been a "senior" moment.

This design is by Judy Diephouse, and came from the Dec. 2006 issue of Painting magazine. She had painted it as a lid for a little basket. I just adapted it for this tray.

PF, this was the first time I used the fan brush I bought when you had told us the brushes were on sale so cheap. I loved using it, it was so fun. I do have a question, if you have a small area do you just not fill all the bristles with paint? It is wide, so I really had to be careful not to get strokes where I didn't want them.

I've been finding several patterns for teacups/teapots as I've looked back through my saved magazines. I thought they were a recent popular phase, but obviously they've been a favorite for quite awhile. I'm also becoming fascinated with all the painted food items I'm seeing too. One blog I ran across had some cupcakes painted on metal trays and they were so cute. Will have to see if any of my trays would work for that.

Karen, good to see you stopping by, I'm not posting this one on holidays since it is a Christmas thing and we're into Valentines now. Maybe next year if I still have it by then. LOL

Luthien, good to see you back too. We've been wondering where you went and what you have been up to.

Belle and Punk aka Speedy, I'm just trying to hold my own with you two. Both of you are such fast painters, you are keeping me motivated!

Kraftymom, what have you been painting? Are you still teaching classes? I'm glad you are still coming by here, but would love to have you share more--even past projects.

Today I'm hoping to work on a Valentine's sign. Let's hope I don't get sidetracked. LOL
    Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Glad I stopped over here on my way out....this is so stinkin cute! It's such a great piece. I love the tat work lacey edge on the cloth and the colors you used are just perfect.

Hey, I'm glad to see grass. Mine is covered in snow and the parts peaking out are all brown. ha ~Anj

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Hi, Luvs
    I'm slow to post because I just got home from work 30 minutes ago. This is really cute. I like the color combination. It is so complex, I keep seeing more every time I look at it.

Thank goodness I'm not competing with you, Belle and Speedy. Will just have to space out my postings, smile!

CC

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County