Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trompe L'oiel bird's nest in a hole in the wall??

Posted by NANCY_MASS (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 02 at 22:12

I have seen a picture of a trompe l'oeil effect of a bird's nest in a hole in the wall. It appears to be a broken wall and the bird has just nested in it. Does anyone know of where I could get a pattern for this because it just looks so neat. Thank you. Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trompe L'oiel bird's nest in a hole in the wall??

Can't help you out, but it sounds cute, wouldn't mind having that myself. Is there anyone out there that can help us? Pleeeeeeease! Thanks, Vique.

o

Nancy, if you can paint something from just looking at it, this may be what you want.http://colourfaux.com/blbirds.jpg
go to the right and click on the second one down, to enlarge it. Vique.

o

Here's an idea...

While I was doing a promotion for work I borrowed an overhead projector form DH's office (you could try the library)and projected it on to the wall/paper/sign material.

That way I could get all the little details and not worry about losing scale, or outlining it onto the wall first.

Just an idea.......

Karen

o

www.dresslerstencils.com has a stencil for this. #431.

o

Thank you ladies for all your help. It is greatly appreciated. Am going to include this pattern in my re-decoratd kitchen.Vique.

Paint Petals

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here