Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

my rose watercolor

paintingfool
15 years ago

I painted this watercolor rose 1 1/2 years ago but have not framed it yet. The white spots are really not that white, they are water droplets and look as though they need a little more shading. I plan to take it to the framery tomorrow, need to start putting some of my paintings on the wall instead of everyone else's walls.

B
{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

• retiree43
    15 years ago

Oh my, what a beautiful picture!! It's absolutely breath taking. You are right .....it should be hanging on a wall in your home for everyone to enjoy.

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

As a very famous child start used to say "Oh! My Goodness! !"
    That is just pure beautiful! How I envy you and that is a sin!

I think I have to agree with you on the water droplets...they seem to sit in the leaves. Just went and sprayed water on two bouquet of flowers, neither one roses, and the water drop are all shapes of round, tear drop...Oh! what am I saying...your pictures is perfect! And I do envy you on both doing a water color and a flower....I'm going to do a flower! Soon!

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

What a beautiful,beautiful rose!! When you frame it,please show again and Be sure to hang it where everyone can see it.
    You do wonderful work!!

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, yall. You are right, Pez. If it were acrylic I could paint over the droplets but since it is watercolor, I am trying to erase them. This is from a class I took in Columbus HOOT seminar. I have only done a few watercolor so I was a bit stressed over this one. However, you can see the shading in person but I noticed I didn't have the light where it entered the water droplet and where it exited. I will work on it a bit more before I have it framed. I have several more to post but I am not pleased with the finished paintings so I have to work on those a bit too.

Thanks again. I love coming on this forum where you get such nice comments and a fresh pair of eyes. Yall are the greatest.
    B

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi PF, your rose is lovely. Just go frame it and don't mess with it! No one but you would think anything wrong with those water droplets! LOL It is lovely, and you did such a nice job on it. I've never tried watercolor at all, you really are brave to try so many new styles and mediums. ;o) Luvs

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Hi, B
    I agree with Luvs, this is lovely the way it is. Go ahead and frame it. If you do something you like better later, so can always replace it. But this is way too pretty to not have on the wall. I dabbled in watercolors years ago, but have never done anything like this.

As one artist friend says, small imperfections show that it is not a print. The rose, leaves, and background look so perfect, I would have thought it was a print. You are very talented.

CC

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Bebe~ leave it alone! Unless it will just drive you crazy looking at it. ha Perfectionism is not a fun disease. ha We all think it's dang near perfect and so will everyone else. Glad you are going to hang some of your pieces in your home to enjoy. I know you'll get lots of compliments on it. You are an awesome artist. =) ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Bebe,

This is so beautiful the way it is. I agree with the others who say frame it and enjoy just the way it is. You can always paint another the way you want it now. So happy you found time to come and post for all of us to enjoy. Punk

• kraftylady23
    15 years ago

Absolutely Beautiful! I too like to do watercolor, but yours definiately belongs on your wall. Great job.

• kacram
    15 years ago

very verynice!

• luthien
    14 years ago

woah!! that's one fantastic looking rose! plsssssss dun do anything to it in case it gets messed up! just frame it as it is ... it's awesome as it is :)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES