Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

My angel box

paintingfool
17 years ago

This is a box I purchased at Hobby Lobby some time ago. It is for my GD to put her jewelry in when she visits. It is a Diane Richards design but my interpretation. The fantasy dahlia is a Sandy Aubuchon design. {{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Both designs are beautiful, but of course, I looove the roses. You do great roses, very soft and pretty. Know your GD will love her special box. Luvs

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Very, very pretty, those flowers are gorgeous! I'm sure you GD is going to love it.

Sal

• anjabee
    17 years ago

How darling!! Is that little angel painted to resemble your GD? I'll say it again, lucky girl. :) ~Anj

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    17 years ago

Again, just beautiful; you truly have a gift. Thanks for sharing.

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I apologize for the pics being so large, I guess I didn't select the right size. Also, I put paper over my signature - just don't like for my name to be out there for everyone to see. The angel is from Diane Richards, she is a decorative artist and has several books out. The flower is from a class I took with Sandy Aubuchon. She does multi-loading painting. I love painting on boxes and these are just a few of the ones I have done.
    Ang - The little girl on the box doesn't look like my GD, my GD is much more beautiful - I am a proud GM as you can see.

Luvs, I wish I could show everyone how easy it is to paint roses and the leaves are so simple, just green and white, blended together and then two strokes. Similar to Donna Dewberry but this technique has been around longer than I have been painting. It is great for simple, quick projects. These days that is all I am painting.

I would love to see what everyone else is doing - that is if yall can tear yourself away from the Holiday forum. That site is just too addictive!! Talk about addictive, I could not tear myself away from the Anna Nicole trial today, how silly is that? I have never been in court before and found this very interesting but when they started crying, I was boo-hooing too.
    Gracie and Crafty - thanks for the nice compliments. Wish you lived near me, would love to paint with all of you.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Painting fool, I did tear myself away from the holiday forum for a bit to paint a TS wooden duck and some storage boxes for my stacked plate items--I posted them on the gallery side.

I have lots of other projects I need to get started on, been collecting painting surfaces, now I need to get them out of the storage shed and painted!

I know what you mean about easy projects--that's what I like too--something I can see results quickly. I have such good intentions to paint, but things just keep coming up all the time that take up too much of my time.

Glad you were able to get some projects completed. It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Luvs

• mydream
    17 years ago

Wow..you are a really good painter!
    Your comma strokes are perfect.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://craftpals.org/directory.html

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Mydream. I will tell you a little secret about comma strokes. The key is to space them correctly. I use a piece of soapstone (it looks like a skinny pencil), I hold it one inch from the end, make a mark on my box, keeping my fingers on the soapstone, I then move my hand so the mark I made is even with my fingers on the soapstone, then I make another mark. I continue all the way around the box. Hard to describe but it works. I love comma strokes and I learned a long time ago to back up on the handle of the brush when making the stroke so I can lift at the end and make a skinny tail. And practice, practice, practice.

• mydream
    17 years ago

Thanks very much for the painting tips. :)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County