Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

These Guys Need Help!

calpat
17 years ago

I found this father & son Frog tucked under some rubbage by my pond and they really need sprucing up. BUT, I can't remember wha colors I used on their tummies & around the mouth. Dad is holding a life ring! Any suggestions? I tried to find a pix of some frogs and wouldn't you know it, when you're looking they just aren't there! Pat

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Pat, let me check a couple books, I know I have some frog patterns. I'll get back to you. Those are sure cute! Luvs

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Pat, I only found one pic so far and the tummy was sort of a pale green, lighter than the rest of the frog. I would think a lime green or yellow green would look good with your froggies. Be sure to let us see the "after" pic, okay? Luvs

• calpat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs, thank you so much for your research! I'm going to try both the lime green and yellow green, what the heck, I can always paint over it! This is a real cheapie froggie, but I really do like them. Guess it might be the father-son image, but anyway I'm going to give it a shot, will post the result and maybe get more suggestions! Pat

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hey~ I did a google image search for ceramic frogs and frog collectables and found these examples. Looks like they mostly go from light to darker yellow then into the darker greens. I even saw some with whiter bellies. Hope the visuals help. ~Anj

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• calpat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi ~Anj
    Boy am I feeling dumber than dumb about now. I googled too, but I just typed in frogs, they were good but alive and the pix shown were very dark. Both you gals came thru like gangbusters and I really appreciate your taking the time to research and suggest! Hugs, Pat

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Pat~ hope you got to see the pics. They aren't there now and I need to go figure out what happened to them. Yep, looks like they aren't in my photobucket account anymore either. I moved them to another folder and must have somehow accidentally deleted them. Let me know if you want them back up. Glad to help and can't wait to see when you get them done. :) ~Anj

• calpat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anj, thanks so much, I did see the pictures and not to worry, I got the idea and will try it as soon as I get this other project done, if ever. I'm trying to glue on some of those weird, cute little lizards to a plastic pot and they keep flipping off. But I got an idea this a.m. will try it! OMG, my brain is going into overdrive!In the meantime, I'm headed for Michael's as they advertise a new class in one stroke painting coming up and I really want to learn how to do that! I also have to stay off this computer for a while, I'm not getting anything done. Guess I'd better learn first how to regulate my priorities, BUT there's so much fun to be had and never enough time! Pat

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus