Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Patriotic Snowman

phonegirl
13 years ago

DSis requested I paint one of her records patriotic for the benefit for the little guy who lost his legs and one hand in the war. As you know I haven't been in the painting mode but I did get this painted today.

I still need to varnish it so should I add something first? I played follow the leader after Luvs. Used two different patterns and ended up with this simple little snowie. TIA

Punk

Comments (8)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Punk - He is really cute. He looks perfect to me. Do you undercoat the record before you paint? - Marylee

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marylee, I didn't paint one of the records black before painting and it was hard to touch up later. I'll post a couple of pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

I painted this record black first.

I didn't paint the record black first and it shows where all my touch up was done. Sorry about the super size on this one but it wouldn't let me resize it.

Both of the rose pictures are before I varnished so they are a LITTLE better than they look here. Also my first attempts at roses. Thanks for asking.

Punk

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Punk - Thank you for the info. There surely is a difference. Your roses are absolutely gorgeous. I have a lot of old records and I will try to paint some of them. I will be sure not to use any that might be worth anything. Thank you again. - Marylee

• calirose
    13 years ago

Those are terrific! Great detail on the snowman. Punk, your first attempt at roses?!?!? Wow.

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Punk....he is adorable! Wouldn't change a thing. You fit the mouth so perfectly over the record hole....looks like it was made to fit the snowman.

Belle

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

Your snowman is adorable and your roses are lovely. First attempt at roses? You could have fooled me!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marylee, Cali, Belle and KM, thanks so much for all your sweet comments. I added some snow and will post in case any of you take another look.

Punk

• calirose
    13 years ago

I didn't think you could add anything to the snowman to make it better, but you did! He really is cute.

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus