Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Before they melt

pezabelle
13 years ago

Finally got these little guy finished, except for the sealer. Looking at them in their frame, I also see that two of them need to be toned down and something added to the one with the jacket.

The frame is the one DH clean and reassembled before adding the stain.

Now its on to birds and butterflies and even a dragonfly or two.

Belle

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Belle, what a beautiful creation with all the snowies. U and DH should be so proud of this. They don't look like they need any toning down to me. I love it that your done and ready to move on.

Wish I could get in the paintin' mode again. Love seeing everyone's projects on here.

Punk

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Belle, they are adorable. I love them. You are so accomplished. I just finished a small project. Don't know if I want to show mine or not. Yours makes mine look very amateurish. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• calirose
    13 years ago

They turned out just precious! I see 2 that are a little deeper colored, but I think that just helps add them!

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

So sweet!! I don't see what needs to be toned down, they look great to me.
    B

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all! But "my bad" I didn't post the wide angle picture of the whole frame, but I won't bore you with it!

Marylee....I have trouble putting my "self" out there for everyone to see, we all do - or at least I think we do.

But the really nice part is that everyone paints on a different level, different styles and different tastes. EX: I may not want to paint or display a "primitive" in my home but I still can enjoy the art form and the hard work that each artist here puts into her work. I may not like opera, but I still can love the sound of the voice singing it!

So......give with the pictures!

Belle

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Belle, thank you for the pep talk. Maybe I will try to post tomorrow. I am not confident with that yet so I will try it when I am fresh. Thanks again and I truly love your snow people. - Marylee

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Belle, what a wonderful Christmas decoration. If I were you, I'd have to display it above my fireplace or somewhere really pominent for all to see! It is so darn cute, really made me smile to see each little face. Love all the birdhouses and extras too. Fantastic!

Luvs

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

Really cute!

I've been in a painting funk for so long it's getting harder to climb back out. I think I need to do something lively & 'Spring' like.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Just go for it Krafty--I was feeling the same way after Christmas. The hardest part for me is figuring out what surface to use and getting it all basecoated and ready. Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs....It is a 6 pane window frame and the wood was cut to fit each frame and each frame is 12" X 14"

I am in the planning stage of re-doing my blue bird painting with a lighter background and will try to do several other panels that will remain up most of the year.

DH was so proud, as he should be, of his repair joy on the frame. It was falling apart and about 16 various colors. He took it all apart, removed paint, sanded and put it back together. It is really nice and rustic looking, which I like.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Belle, are you saying that you didn't paint on the glass? Sure looks like you did. Give me more details please? Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs.....When DH refurbished the window frame he did not replace the glass which was either missing or broken and as glass reflects light it would have detracted from whatever was placed in the frame.

The inserts are cut from very thin plywood, its about 1/8" thick. One side is usually smooth and the other pitted. I seal both sides and paint away. I did use Gesso on the boards I used when painting the bluebird and butterflies. He cut them almost a year ago and no warping (?) so far. They are a really great surface and less expensive than a canvas, especially for practicing.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Belle & Luvs, so glad you shared this with us. I would of never thought about replacing the glass with wood. I don't really care to paint on glass. Hummmm, I may have another idea in store now.

Punk

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus