Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Painting applies and lemons

paintingfool
16 years ago

OK, I am still working on this piece. I need stronger highlights and maybe a bit more red in the right apple. I still have to highlight the grapes and paint in one leaf but I thought you might like to see the work in progress.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)

• alisande
    16 years ago

I am very impressed!! Beautiful throughout, and those shiny apples are wonderful.

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Oh gosh. I could pick one up and eat it, they look so real! Excellent, excellent work, Bebe. Or maybe I should call it play since I know you are having such a good time painting them.ha Love it! ~Anj

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks yall. I am still working on this piece. Don't have the grapes down yet. I did finish the other leaf and the highlights on the apple but I am done for tonight. This is going to be the top to an 11" x 16" box. I don't have fruit in my kitchen so I will probably put this up for sale later. Yall must think I am nuts for taking so many classes but I am retired and I love seeing the techniques of others. Always something to learn. Thanks again. b

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Bebe, you are such a good painter. Even when you are learning new things, you do amazing work. Your fruit just looks amazingly real, excellent job on it. Luvs

• oddie
    16 years ago

Just beautiful! who would think you are nuts for takeing the classes! as you said there is always something new to learn! and you sure do a great job of it! I to feel like I could pick that apple up and eat it! looks so real!
    oddie

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aw, Shucks!! This is why I love this forum. The painting isn't even finished and you give such lovely compliments. I don't make New Year's resolutions because I can never keep them, so this year I have decided to try my best to finish every project I start. That means going back into my closet and pulling out the ones I never finished. It's my year to paint!! Thanks, yall.
    B

• painting_mom_07
    16 years ago

Wow, B that is awesome! I think your work is beautiful and very realistic. How long have you been painting? I would love to learn to paint like that. I thought mine was cute but your painting is... "art" Fabulous!! You are very talented. BRAVO!

Diane

• pegtn
    16 years ago

Bebe its just beautiful. Are you using oils?

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Peg, no, it is acrylic. I love using oils because of the blending. I have learned to blend with acrylics by dampening the area with water before I float a color on. I wish I could figure out what is wrong with my camera, I can't get the photos to load right, if I can fix the problem tonight I will post the finished pic. Thanks for the nice compliment.
    B

• annabell40
    16 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. I thought it was oils too. I can't wait to paint the way you all do. I'm so new at this. I am enyoying the journey though.

:)

Anna

Sponsored
All American Painting Plus
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars114 Reviews
Loudoun County Paint & Wall Coverings Professional: Best of Houzz