Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorative Painting Store sale...

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 15, 11 at 13:18

Just to let you all know...the decorative painting store is having a sale on older painting books, some starting at .50 and up. I was told that today is the last day of the sale. I just bought a couple for .50 and 1.50 each. My shipping was $3 so not too bad. Lots of good books to choose from. Here's the link if you're interested:

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorative Painting Store Sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorative Painting Store sale...

Thanks for sharing that site, Anj. I went and looked and saw a couple I might like--but decided to resist since I haven't painted anything from my other new purchases yet! What a great bargain though. Luvs

o

I'm with you Luvs......lots of nice things to look at but I have so many projects I want to paint that I have stopped buying anything printed......well maybe stopped.

Belle

o

Got my books! So happy with them. Got some ideas on some projects! I'm excited!

o

Got mine as well. Three are really great, but the 4th book I think I will pass along to someone else.

One of the books is Blooms of My Favorite Flowers by Chieko Yuguchi and she is awesome and she uses acrylics. Each flower has a colored picture, pattern and a diagram of the shading and highlights as well as a work sheet showing each of the 7 steps. I have a rose that I am practicing. Not doing toooooooo bad, but I am doing it on watercolor paper and there is just to much tooth. Think I will try putting a liquid sealer on the paper and do another rose.

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here