Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherwoodva

Stenciled topiaries and LOTS of purple

sherwoodva
15 years ago

For those of you who are curious about my screen name, please see my purple steps on this gallery and my purple living room. My aqua BR is the last post on the blue thread in the same gallery. Will post more pix of that room later.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/gal0612250925427.html?27

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

CC

Thanks for sharing your colorful home with us. U have good taste in colors and decorations. I'm not that bold but I sure like it. I do have a BR and bath done in purple accents, bedding & curtains so I like it also.

I have clothes the color of your bedroom but nothing else in our home. I do think your purple and aqua are great together. Did you notice all the Christmas decorations in those two colors this year? If I was just starting out I would of picked them.

I'm a tan and white wall girl except in a few rooms. MB & MB is gold faux and our utlity room is painted in a green faux. I enjoy painting the faux. Is that what you have on your stairs or did you sponge paint them? They look good.

Keep posting for us to enjoy. Have you started another painting project yet? I got my bad debts done but forgot I have more online training that should of been done last week, so no painting for me today.

Speedy RL2

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

CC, that was a great way to spruce up your stairs, and I love the topiary tree you did. I like lavender and purple too, but don't have any in my home. In addition to Karen aka Purplemoon who sometimes comes here, I have another friend who almost always wears purple and loves anything with purple on it! Luvs

• sherwoodva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for the kind words. I notice the folks at the Decorating website are silent. But we know our colors are not to everyone's taste. That's OK - we enjoy them. The DR is pink, and it is between the LR and BR, so alas, the purple and teal are not together. My ex said everything had to be beige, so I was thrilled when DH said anything but beige, smile! Even though I wear a lot of purple (I'm a "spring" in the old Color Me Beautiful parlance), the room that I love is the BR. It took a lot of patience, adding a few more drops of blue every evening and painting on the sample board before we got the "right" color. DH said afterwards he didn't think I would settle on a color. But I absolutely love it. Furniture is dark cherry and the curtains and bedspread are white. Trim is white.

Yes, the basement stairs are sponge painted. The risers were white for 15 years and I got tired of scrubbing off the black marks. Was going to paint them black and my GF said it would be like Halloween with the pumpkin colored steps. So DH suggested purple.

I have two posts to the Trash to Treasure gallery I think you might like.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I'll go take a look at the T2T forum to see what you posted. I'd love to add some color to my walls too, everything is white right now--just so much work to take everything down and move all the furniture. Maybe someday! Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hey CC...sorry don't know how I missed this before. Love your topiary and the soft purple in your living room. I'm a red girl myself, but I like seeing how other people incorporate color into their homes. Oh and I love that little black cat over your doorway. So cute. Are you a cat person? I have one big old lazy siamese tabby.
    I'll try to zip over to T2T too. ~Anj
    I added the link for ya.

Here is a link that might be useful: CC's home

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

CC, I went over to the T2T forum but didn't find your posts. Can you post a link for us? Luvs

• sherwoodva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/treasure/gal0220461017173.html
    and
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/treasure/gal0220245312528.html?1

Sorry, Anj and Luvs, I should have said they were in the Gallery at T2T

We had a cat, Anj. She was 22 years old when she died. By that time, DH and I were both allergic so we didn't get another one. But we kept the cat silhouettes.

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional