Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great site!

Posted by gram_nh (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 08 at 11:03

While searching for a pattern of Uncle Sam to put on 4x4's, I came across this lady's site.

It is mostly painted gourds but the ideas could be used on anything... especially bird houses.

Each item has detailed close ups! Especially like the close ups of the Buzz-off gourd!

And, I never did find an Uncle Sam pattern, so if any one knows of one..please share!

Here is a link that might be useful: Site with closeups!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great site!

Great site Gram.

There are a couple on this site.
www.decorativeartist.com

I'll put up links for you too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Primitive Uncle Sam

o
RE: Great site!!!

Here's another.

Here is a link that might be useful: Patriotic Whirligig

o
RE: Great site!!!!!!

And another.

You can see the one I painted from this free pattern over on the Gallery section on page 2. I'd have posted the pic here, but photobucket is apparently having a problem.

Hope these help!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Patriotic Basket

o

Thanks, Anj. I should have looked at the Gallery here first.

Your basket is awesome!

I still have a bunch of 4x4 scraps left even after doing all the pumpkins so I thought ....Uncle Sam. One is quite short so I think I may try judy doing his head using luvs Sam paver for the pattern and nailing some 1x1'a around it for the brim of his hat. Thanks, Luvs!

You all are the best!

o

Hi Gram, You are always so creative--I'll be looking forward to seeing your Uncle Sam's. I'm sure they will be so cute. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here