Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Patriotic house number plaque

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 23:33

Here is the picture of another house number plaque I made. This one is my favorite. There is nothing wrong with the top where the house numbers are, but I think it must have been too much light (flash) when I took the picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Patriotic house number plaque

I love this one! My whole house is done up with Americana! Are the stars painted on or raised wood pieces? Great job on it. Your lines are so crisp! TFS! ~Anj

o

I bought pre-cut stars at Michaels and painted them. Didn't prime them first, and I know I should have. Used E6000 glue to attach them, but ended up drilling holes in the back of the plaque and using small screws to keep the things on. After it's been out most of the summer and gets beat up by rainstorms, it wears the paint off the stars. I end up re-painting them again. Even though I use a clear spray-on gloss, it still doesn't protect the paint on the stars, nor did it keep them on the plaque for more than one or 2 summers. IF I ever decide to do another one of these, those stars will be painted on, and I do have a stencil for them LOL This plaque does hang on my vinyl siding like the fall plaque. I just placed it on my front door to take a picture.

o

I'm sure they probably give it some dimension, but not worth the hassle? I'll keep that in mind if I get around to making one! ha Thanks! ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here