Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still painting hearts...

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 29, 11 at 22:39

I did not realize how many hearts I have in my stash. This one is really sweet. It is a mirror with one side cute out so you can hold it in your hand - possibly to see the back of your hair in the mirror. Anyway, I sponged the background with pink and white. I don't normally do this type of background but since it was originally blue I wanted something that would cover it. So a few roses and rosebuds -Ta'Da - it is finished. Two down and more to go.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still painting hearts...

Your mirror is beautiful. I love it. I have never seen one like it. Your sponged background is perfect with your roses. You do wonderful work. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Bebe....Another hit! You have given new life to a very pretty shape. I need to study roses...yours are always so nice, and your ribbon...perfect. do you use a flat brush or a stripper?

I like doing sponge or slip-slap backgrounds, they add so much dimension to a piece.

Belle

o

Bebe, darling mirror. I love it that you painted on both sides of this mirror. Your little rose buds with the vine around it is so pretty. I like your sponged background on this project too.

Punk

o

Thanks everyone. Belle, I use an angle brush for almost everything. And to make the ribbons a bit sheer I use Jo Sonja Magic Mix with a bit of paint. I don't put much effort into it - to highlight I use a scrubber with most of the paint removed on a paper towel, then lightly scrub on the light.
B

o

What a neat mirror! You really made it special with your pretty roses. Isn't it a great feeling to be getting some of your stash painted finally? You are sure on a role. TFS.

Luvs

o

GREAT! I like that it is a mirror!!!!

o

Bebe, very pretty! I love the softness of it as well as the beauty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here