Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rodi_gw

light bulbs

rodi
22 years ago

does anyone have any instructions and patterns for painting on light bulbs? Easter and summer ideas.

thanks

rodi

Comments (11)

• Okla_gal
    22 years ago

I have a book on painting lightbulbs I will let you know later what I have got.

• rodi
    Original Author
    22 years ago

have you found any of the light bulb paintings, looking mostly for easter and summer ones, have plenty for Christmas

Thanks
    rodi.

• pennymacdonald
    22 years ago

Okla_gal could you tell us what the name of the book is? I live in Canada and haven't found anything here. Maybe this could be a start.
    TIA
    Penny

• kraftymom
    22 years ago

My books on painting bulbs are mostly Christmas designs. But I did come across one painted white for an Easter Bunny. Then they added two felt ears hanging down to the sides and put a straw hat with flowers on it for an Easter bonnet. Cute.

This lady has a duck in her picture archives at http://communities.msn.com/MawmawsCraftBin/picturesofcrafts.msnw?Page=7

I'm not sure if that's the right page but it's in there somewhere. She also did some turkeys for Thanksgiving.

• Jennifer123
    22 years ago

I have seen a few pictures of easter chicks, and I have painted quite a few bunnies (I might have some pictures). I have also seen a picture of a Uncle Sam, and I am trying to come up with my own idea for a Statue of Liberty. Good luck!
    ~Jennifer (Blakefullhouse@aol.com)
    I would also like to know the name of that book too, if anyone comes up with it.

• kraftymom
    22 years ago

Go to http://www.voy.com/54161 and look at 'Painted Lightbulbs'- Alma. She's posted pictures of some Easter bunnies, bugs, chicks and more.

• Katinsi
    22 years ago

Dear Okla-Gal,
    Do you know the name of the book, I would love to know. Thanks.
    Kats

• BeBe_Giroux
    22 years ago

Here is a new book out with patterns/instructions for all kinds of painted lightbulbs. It is really cute...called "Watts Happening", by Sandy Holman.

Here is a link that might be useful: Artists Club

• Okla_gal
    22 years ago

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you I promise I will go thru my books tommorrow and get the name. I had been rather sick and then very busy trying to catch up on everything but I will go thru them and let you know.

• Okla_gal
    22 years ago

I found my book and it's called ornaments for the tree so there are no easter just xmas. there are birdhouse bulb ornaments, angels santas snowmen and others but no easter. I am sorry I took so long but everyone in fam seems to have the flu.

• minnie_tx
    22 years ago

Chdck out the crafts and decorations forum around the 5th of March. I know there is a bride and groom bulb and I think there may be more. Just check the subjects.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH