Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint for Donna Dewberry...

Posted by Kelly1016 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 02 at 21:04

Can it be any paint? I found some old posts that you can buy the videos at Michaels. What type of paints do I buy? And do I need the floating medium. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint for Donna Dewberry...

I wouldn't say any paint. A thinned paint with very litle pigment would make it hard to do One Stroke effectively. Your colors would not be vibrant and you would have a muddy picture. One Stroke is done wet-on-wet and therefore the thick pigmented paints are important so your colors don't bleed together and become muddy. That's why you don't use water. The Folk Art paints used for her technique are very similar to artists tube acrylics and I would suggest using them if you don't want to become frustrated. And you'll need the floating medium if painting on porous surfaces such as paper, raw wood, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here