Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting gingerbread people.....

Posted by Vikki_W (befuddledmom@aol.com) on
Sat, Jan 26, 02 at 20:48

This advice was given to me today to pass along.....wanted to share it with anyone interested in painting the gingers!!
Vikki~~
I hope the following infomation might be helpful to those interested in painting "Gingers". Instead of paying a fortune for pattern books on ebay why not use the following books that are available and can be purchased at Michaels with the 40 percent off coupon at a cost of about
$6. It seems to me the painters on ebay have used the patterns in alot of the following books and just adapted them a little to make gingers. I think most of the books have ginger painting instructions that could probably be used when adapting the other patterns to gingers.

Here are some books....I'm sure if you look creatively you'll find lots more.
"Heart Tugs & Bear Hugs by Kenna Reynolds & Donna Malone
"Bundled Up Blessings by Kenna Reynolds & Donna Malone
"Budding Blessings & Rosie Winters by Michelle Ameida
"Bless Your Heart" by Dianna Marcum
"A Bit of This, A Bit of That by Gail Eastmond
A listing of other books/pattern packets by each author is listed in the back of each book.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting gingerbread people.....

I agree totally. I for one adapt many different patterns to other styles. BUT you have to understand that the books in question that people have been looking for were (and are) quite good in the 'just gingerbread' dept. Not just in the gingerbread people themselves but the projects the books present - I know because I have them. And sometimes as a decorative painter substitutes just won't do. Sometimes like any other collector, it's a title you'd really like to have in your painting book library. :-)

That is also why I scan the bargain book list somewhat regularly at artistsclub.com. The majority of books I have including those particular gingerbread books I got for $2.49 or less. But like thrift store shopping you have to check often.

o

Did everyone see the adorable gingerbread pattern in the Deco Art project library?? (Visions of Sugarplums, myra Mahy)I love it, but for some reason, the link to download the pattern isn't there, did anyone else have this problem? Or, if anyone has downloaded the pattern already, could you e-mail it to me??

Here is a link that might be useful: DecoArt

o

I couldn't get any of the patterns to download.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here