Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
selling out of state

Posted by khspw (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 14, 12 at 19:37

does anyone make items and sell them to a business in another state? If so, how do you go about this? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: selling out of state

Hi, I don't sell out of state but I do work retail where we sell both on consignment or buy product outright. We usually buy product up front then sell it but if the product is brand new, we may put a few pieces on consignment to test the waters and see how it does. Consignment or buying product outright to sell in a store that is a franchise is usually up to the owner of each individual store but if they are a chain, there could be policies or guidelines they must follow.

Go on-line to find the contact info of the store in the state you are interested in. Once you make contact and find out how they do things, they will probably ask you to do one of 2 things if they are interested; ask for a picture catalog or web site where they can view your product, or ask you to ship samples.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here