Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Classes in Louisville, KY for faux painting???

Posted by kcfilley (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 02 at 19:03

Hi,

I was just told there is some sort of classes being held on a semi-regular basis in Louisville for European faux painting. Does anyone know of such classes?

I met this woman at Home Depot where she was selecting colors of paint chips. Her portfolio is absolutely incredible. She didn't tell me the name of the classes, only that she goes to Louisville for instruction and to purchase materials.

Also, does anyone know of an extender to add to the glaze for faux finishes?

Thanks much.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Classes in Louisville, KY for faux painting???

The place you are probably talking about is Martin Hirsh's classes. The link to his website is listed below

Here is a link that might be useful: Faux Finish

o
RE: Classes in Louisville, KY for faux painting???

I just found that website last night (Martin Hirsh) when I was looking for a good class in Faux painting. Seems he is VERY qualified, and has clients like Reba to show for it. Also, students get to tour a mansion he's done work on, and see actual samples of his work. Pretty pricey, but you are lucky to live nearby.

There are other classes available,and you can find them by going to any search engine (like go2net.com), and type in "faux classes". You'll get a LOT of info on it! Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here