Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heartsandcrafts

UFO's (UnFinished Objects)

heartsandcrafts
13 years ago

My sisters and I are terrible procrastinators and were talking about how many unfinished projects we all had going. We wanted to motivate each other toward feeling a sense of accomplishment and decided to start a UFO (unfinished objects) day once a month but with one thing and another coming up in each of our lives we never really got it going, LOL! We had set our UFO day for the 4th Saturday of the month. The plan was to meet at one of our homes and to bring our unfinished project with us to work on - knitting, sewing, painting, magazines or papers that needed to be sorted through and gotten rid of, etc. We would start with lunch and then spend the afternoon together while working on our individual projects. Since it didn't end up working out as a family endeavor I was wondering if any of you would be up for doing something similar as an online group? One of us could post that we are having a UFO day and anyone who wants to join in can. At the end of the day we can post about the progress we've made or share photos of what we've completed. The good thing about doing this as an online group is that you don't have to cart your stuff with you to another location so if you don't have unfinished craft projects that need to be done but have been avoiding clearing out the hall closet or filing the stack of papers that have been gathering on the table you can have that be your UFO. Anyone up for giving it a try?

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

This sounds so fun but with my schedule I can't plan far enough ahead for this. I may start working 6 days a week this summer. Work is the only thing I want to commit to right now. Sorry I won't be able to join the fun on this one. Our yard keeps me busy when it's nice out.

Hope others who aren't working will be up to trying this. I will be here to cheer everyone on tho.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I would be willing to try--but will have to be flexible since doctor appts and such are always popping up. Maybe it would give me the incentive to get a few things completed. What date each month did you have in mind?

Luvs

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Sounds great to me! Several years ago I made a promise to myself that I would, and I am using that word again, NEVER leave a painting unfinished. Then I had to define unfinished, where the painting had unpainted areas or when it didn't meet my "I like this," but that doesn't seem to flow out into my home....drawers are my downfall, then comes the utility closet and then my china closet and then storage under the beds and then......Yep! Include me!

I see that you have mentioned the 4th Sat. of each month and that seem like a good choice, of course we all will have exceptions to any date that is chosen.

Punk....slow down girl! I know....not possible!

Belle

• tollpeggy
    13 years ago

Hi this is a great idea. I will be doing a UFO with friends this Wednesday the 19th- anyone up for a UFO day on the 19th?

• heartsandcrafts
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry to have posted this suggestion and then disappeared. I've been with my sister this past week during the final days of her husband's battle with cancer. He passed yesterday and I'll be helping her with arrangements etc. for the next few weeks so I won't be participating for a while. I'd still love to see how much progress all of you are making with your UFO's so please post your accomplishments along with pics if you can.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

So sorry to hear about the loss of your BIL. Cancer is such a terrible disease. Glad you are there to help your sister during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs, Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

HC, so sorry to hear about your BIL. Life here is so short for some and hard for those left behind. Will be sending hugs and prayers your way.

Sounds like some of the gals are willing to join in on UFO's and hopefully it will start tomorrow with TP. I'm so excited to see more projects posted here so hope all of you will share.

Punk

• kraftymom
    13 years ago

I could use some incentive to start painting again. Have to work today but have tomorrow and Friday off. Maybe I can get something started.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH