Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Another project completed - not a heart

paintingfool
13 years ago

I just completed this cute clock this morning. I like little angels but I am not liking this ones wings so I will probably redo some of it and make it more of a wash. When I first painted it the pink and green was too bright so I whitewashed it. Again the background is sponged and I kept the leaves very simple. After I finished I noticed the little rosebuds around the clock were too close in so I will redo them also. The clock face covers half of it. That is what happens when you don't measure first. Enjoy,

B

Comments (7)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

That is absolutely stunning. You are so good. How long does it take to paint something like this? You have been really busy lately. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Bebe, don't completely redo the roses--don't you think you could just add a few a little further from the clock in the spaces? I think that would work. Again you do faces so well--just precious.

Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, I went in and removed the wings - just didn't like them. Then I painted over the little rose buds and brought them out a bit more. Can you tell the difference? It's subtle but I can see it.
    B

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Breath-taking!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Soooo Sweeeeet. I love angels too and this is beautiful. I'm so glad you shared this with us.

Punk

• calirose
    13 years ago

I like the softer wings, but both were nice. You paint so softly, I really wish I could!

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Bebe...I missed posting to the first rendition..it was beautiful, but I really like the changes. The roses farther out from the face of the clock is really great.

I feel so inadequate to be suggesting a possible change, but here I go.....had you though about starting her wings farther down, maybe nearer to her chin line? I found my eye wondering away from her face and hair which are so perfect, to her left (our right) wing tip which end above her head. Should the tip end just at the crown of her head? Gosh! Your angel and you are so awesome how can I even think of suggestion changes! Sigh! But you said you weren't happy with the wings.....sigh.....Going to hid somewhere! Belle

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA