Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas Stocking

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 23, 11 at 13:27

I am looking for a really cute, ornament sized, Christmas stocking.

Most of you know my style, but here are some of my "I'd rather not.....no teddy bears or modern colors, ex: purple and bright green sock, I would like more old world but not primitive.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Belle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas Stocking

Belle, let me check through some of my books and then I'll get back to you, okay?

Luvs

o

I'll look thru mine too.

o

BTW...coincidence...I found some wood stocking cutouts at the TS that I started painting last night. I am painting this Christmas stocking on them to see how it will look (see below). If you have the cut outs you can really paint whatever you want on them. =) I'll post when I'm done.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miniatures by Jo Avis Moore

o

Belle, can you give us some ideas from any you like? I'm heading out tomorrow and will be gone for a couple days but will try to see what I have when I get back.

Anj, love that stocking you are painting.

Punk

o

Here's one with a fruit motif

Here is a link that might be useful: Painted stocking

o
RE: Christmas Stocking #2

Here's an all over design.

Here is a link that might be useful: Painted stocking

o
RE: Christmas Stocking #3

And here's a glittery one.

Tell us more of what you are looking for, okay? And is your stocking shape long or short?

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: glittery stocking

o

Here's one...although it may be too primitive??

Here is a link that might be useful: stocking

o

Here's some of JMP. I have these started and need to finish them. I found these on ETSY and will send a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.etsy.com/listing/18387959/chilly-snowman-wooden-stocking-christmas

o

Sorry I have seen so slow in responding....been out of town on a unexpected trip.

I am looking for a stocking for children. I did a cute "luv chunks" or a book close to that many, many years ago and it is close.

Luvs...I like the shape of the painted sock that was red with lace, might do those for the adults in my family.

Anj....those are lovely, but again....sadly...not for kids.

I also check out the prices on Esty and wow! I need to increase my prices...well, maybe not as it a tradition, and how do you charge for a tradition?

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here