Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intolerable

More of an introduction *waving!

intolerable
15 years ago

Ok, I've enjoyed reading through the posts so much it has inspired me to start painting again.

I do a lot of different crafts/hobbies. But the decorative/tole is probably my favorite because its so easy and fulfilling. I like the motion of making flowers and such.

I first discovered my craftiness cake decorating, and worked as a decorator for about 13 years.

My mother brought over all the new "Donna Dewberry" stuff to try our hand @ painting. I took to it, she wanted to scream LOL.

Eventually I have just taken on all kinds of other stuff, beading, painting ANYTHING, drawing, knitting, sewing, etc..

If I get an idea I HAVE to do it! I cannot rest until I do!

One of my favorite more recent over-the-top projects was an "outside canopy" for my dog!

Anyway, I think I will just have to post a slide show or something....Can I do that?

I'd love to hear of the other hobbies you all have!

Kim

Comments (9)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hi Kim....Thanks for telling us a little more about you. I am the mother of 4 ages 4-14. Doesn't leave me much time for doing anything for me, but I do love painting. I'm self taught and probably the slowest painter here on the forum since I have the bad habit of painting with the tiniest brushes available. I have promised to try to wean myself off the tiny brushes and onto the bigger brushes this year. ha

My other hobbies are cross-stitch, stitcheries, quilting (learning), sewing (learning), wood cutting (just learned this past summer), general crafts, family history and gardening.

Glad you are here with us and hope you'll enjoy it here. We sure do. =) ~Anj

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Hi, Kim.... I am the mother of two adults, have four darling grandchildren, and one wonderful hubby. I love to paint - always have. If I wasn't painting I was drawing. I also like to sew - mostly Santas, cut my own wood - although I haven't done so in a while, decorate - I love china and dishes especially anything pink or lavender, I love old stuff and painting on old furniture, I have even upholstered my furniture, I also like putting together arrangements for wedding bouquets, etc. I never thought I couldn't do anything so I keep trying everything but I keep coming back to painting.

We are so glad you found us and hope you will be posting your paintings soon. Now where is everyone else? Luvs? Phonegirl? Belle?

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed By An Angel

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi Kim, nice to have someone with so many versatile talents. Would love to see a slide show of some of your projects. We love pictures on here!

I've always loved doing "trash to treasure" type projects, and love to make things using my glue gun. I've only had a few painting classes, and the rest has just been by using books and doing it on my own. I've done a little cross stitch but really hard on the old eyes anymore. I'm currently sewing some yo yos to use on projects. Only sewing I've done is for craft things. Sure wish I would have learned to crochet.

So glad you have found us, and I'm even more happy that we have encouraged you to start painting again.

Luvs

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

Hi and welcome Kim,
    I haven't posted much lately, but look at this forum every day! My family consists of my husband, me, two grown children,three wonderful grandchildren,and twin great grandsons.And I am so blessed to have them all!! I love to paint,started later in life but I can't imagine life without painting now. I have a craft room out behind my house, but usually have something going on my kitchen table. I like to sew, make jewelry, and recently started making scented soy candles for myself and family and love this hobby too!I love music,sing in a gospel quartet and play piano,guitar and old time banjo!I am planning to try cutting some wood pieces,soon as hubby feels like showing me about the saws.My goal is to build a bluebird house by myself!!!This is a wonderful forum and a good way to meet other people with the same interests. Be looking for pics.
    Blessings,Shirley

• intolerable
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I had a pretty good feeling this place was full of multi talented people! :D
    and Luvs, you talk about crocheting like its too late to learn- its never too late!
    What I love about the forums is the rainbow of friendships we make, all different ages, stages in life, and backgrounds, yet here we are enjoying each others company.
    I didn't mention I have a husband of 20 years this summer! ouch. A 17 yr old daughter and a 13 yr old son and Of course there is the baby, Khloe our 3 yr old Italian Mastiff. This weekend we will be adding a 3 yr old English Mastiff to the family, Guinness. He is already over 200 lbs! I'm so excited! I work at the local hospital and hope to go back to school next fall.
    ok, so a slide show of a few things I've done over the last couple years..

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

What beautiful and diverse projects! I am awed by your talents!-What a blessing to be able to see so many beautiful things. I love all the cakes!!! and all the drawings. Keep pictures coming please! And thanks for sharing with us.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Kim~ Your cakes are so beautiful. I love love love your bathroom wall! I love Americana. Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing your fun projects and your furbabies. That's a little too much dog for me! We had our mini-snauzer for 15 years and our next dog will most likely be a Yorkie! A mastiff would be like having a horse in my house! ha Hope you have lots of room since you are adding another. 200 lbs!! Definitely not a lap dog. ha

We always forget about those DH's who hopefully support our crafting habits. ha I've been married to mine for 16 years.

Shirley~ you are sure multitalented in the music department. I can play a little piano...haven't practiced for years. Want a piano badly, but no room for one. My DH and 8yr old son want to learn to play guitar, they both have one. I've heard banjo is hard to learn.
    What kind of jewelry do you make? I've made earrings, but want to try making bracelets.

Since Luvs mentioned trash to treasure...I am thrift store crazy. Love finding things to repurpose there.

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Kim,
    Welcome! What a marvelous slide show, so many beautiful projects! The dog drawings are awesome, you can actually see the sheen of his coat and I really love the kitten.

I am a mother of two, both married and I have one Grandson of 17 as well as 3 step Grandchildren. They are 23, 17 and 16. DH and I are fast reaching our 46 anniversary...so that makes me .....about that old.

Like most everyone here, I have indulged in just about every craft out there but in recent years had to narrow it down to just painting with a few craft project added for spice. I was a music and art major, with intentions of teaching music, a family soon took center stage. Have to tell this one on us, when we re-built our home, we place the piano in the guest room because it would be the last room we finished. So forgetting about how "big" it is, we changed the angle of the hall and in doing so gave the piano a permanent new home - well almost - you can take it into the master bedroom but it will not make the turn to take it down the hall and into the living room........so!

Isn't this forum the greatest! It sure has added a new zest to my days and everyone is so encouraging, they just feed the fire to paint!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Oh gosh, Belle, loved your piano story! I can see myself doing something exactly like that! LOL

Luvs